• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much does it bother you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much does it bother you?

When a permie constantly taking credit for all your hard work, I should be used to it by now, but then I had this long contract with a manager who gave me credit for all my work, and was confident enough when stakeholders complimented my work. That really spoiled me, now I got to get used to a new PM who is claiming credit for all my hard work - everything I produce is to go out in his name, and he is the first point of contact, so one external to our very small team knows I did the work or I even exist!!!

I know, tell me this is the way contracting is, am the biggest moaner, I have no right to be complaining.

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    I know, tell me this is the way contracting is, am the biggest moaner, I have no right to be complaining.
    OK.

This is the way contracting is.

You are the biggest moaner.

You have no right complaining.

You have the right to sit smugly thinking about your invoices safe in the knowledge that you have someone in your pocket that is keen that you should continue to invoice.....

Comment

WHS..er what you said.
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

When a permie constantly taking credit for all your hard work, I should be used to it by now, but then I had this long contract with a manager who gave me credit for all my work, and was confident enough when stakeholders complimented my work. That really spoiled me, now I got to get used to a new PM who is claiming credit for all my hard work - everything I produce is to go out in his name, and he is the first point of contact, so one external to our very small team knows I did the work or I even exist!!!

Yawn

Comment

Seems to me...

As long as the PMs happy, you have a client....

T

Comment

you are all right of course, thanks, needed a dose of reality

Comment

you are all right of course, thanks, needed a dose of reality
              Yawn.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Think of the money.

Then send out some stuff with tiny deliberate mistakes in!

Comment

Put your name in the 'Properties' part of the doc.

Most people like that are too dim to know about that part of a doc. Those that aren't as dim will see that it's your work...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Put your name in the 'Properties' part of the doc.

Most people like that are too dim to know about that part of a doc. Those that aren't as dim will see that it's your work...
                    Good call on that, it can make you feel better.

As a PM I make sure that my team members get credit where it's due, my name will go on a BA produced doc as an approver and theirs as author. It costs me nothing to show appreciation of other peoples good work and it takes minutes to write thanks emails CC'd to their line management and the Programme Director when a phase is completed.
                    I've never understood why people would take credit for someone elses work it would get in the way of the next piece of work or future improvements needed from that team member.

Comment

Working...
                    X