• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone seen a recession yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 4 - our last, best hope.

Hang on, that was someone else.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The recession (in terms of negative growth) has only just started in the last couple of months. 2009/2010 will be the grimmest years that anyone can remember.
      Anyone who thinks otherwise has their head firmly buried in the sand.
      I suggest you plan for the worst.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        The recession (in terms of negative growth) has only just started in the last couple of months. 2009/2010 will be the grimmest years that anyone can remember.
        Anyone who thinks otherwise has their head firmly buried in the sand.
        I suggest you plan for the worst.

HTH
        Thanks SAS - you ray of sunshine, you
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

2009/2010 will be the grimmest years that anyone can remember.
          Apart fiorm living through the blitz, obviously. It'll need to go some to be worse than Thatcher's Britain of the 80s or the 3 day week of the 70s with power cuts, strikes etc.

It's this sort of "worse than living memory" hyperbole which is out of place until we get there. And we're not there yet, despite us being told it's "just around the corner" for nealry a year now.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Radio 4 - our last, best hope.

Hang on, that was someone else.
            AtW ?
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
              Apart fiorm living through the blitz, obviously. It'll need to go some to be worse than Thatcher's Britain of the 80s or the 3 day week of the 70s with power cuts, strikes etc.

It's this sort of "worse than living memory" hyperbole which is out of place until we get there. And we're not there yet, despite us being told it's "just around the corner" for nealry a year now.
              Obviously not worse than the Blitz
              But there's a very good chance that it could be worse than the 70s,80s,90s.
              As for nothing happening in a year - that's just naive. It takes time for things to work thro' the system.
              I don't think there has been any time in recent history when liquidity has ceased so suddenly and sharply.
              Plus all that debt needs to paid back, remember. Thats a painful process.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Thanks SAS - you ray of sunshine, you
                WHS

I was struggling this morning after a bad night with the kids but the large helpings of DOOM this morning have cheered me up no end

Comment

Plus all that debt needs to paid back, remember. Thats a painful process.
                  Not at all, I see adverts all the time from companies who "using existing legislation" can clear you of debt within 14 days. I may send this info on to Gordon Brown if he wants to borrow some more from the IMF. He can keep the phone number handy.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    Not at all, I see adverts all the time from companies who "using existing legislation" can clear you of debt within 14 days. I may send this info on to Gordon Brown if he wants to borrow some more from the IMF. He can keep the phone number handy.
                    Using existing legislation means going bankrupt. Do you suggest that everyone with debts does this? That will kill off the economy just the same - those people won't be able to borrow.
                    Not terribly up on this economy thing, are you ?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

had a plumber and a chippy in the last month - both said I was the only work they both had on their books - both let go all their staff

Comment

Working...
                      X