• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There's an IT recession coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toot-tooot
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I'm turning down any extension to return to the land of the oppressive, over intrustive, surveillance society.
      B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Well lads,

the Benes invoicing radar says there's an IT recession coming.

Batten down the hatches, implement 'whatever it takes' mode and use it when applying for contracts.

Looking at the headcount on this forum today, I wonder how many of us will still be here this time next year ?

Good luck everybody, we're gonna need it.

Milan.
        If even milan had managed to realise that, then it must be really true.

Well, it's time to act as any other italian real man..... (go back to parents ).
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

There's an IT recession coming
          Coming?!?! It's fcking here already.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

lads fear not

Benes invoicing ltd is signed up until middle of next year

just the rest of them I am worried for

us .Netters will ride out the storm

the rest may not

the big companies running .Net will always need blaggers like us to tell them we are keeping the ship afloat

Milan.
            tape changers
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It cracks me up, there's a recession coming and dip sticks on here in cloud cookoo land are opening materialistic threads about stuff they dream of owning
              You need dreams to get through the nightmare (if you base your happiness on wealth and materialism).
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So here comes the question how "liquid" are your assets? Ca$$h or property or stocks?

I fear that this one will NOT be like 2003 and playing by the same rules will be WRONG. This one is the new GREAT DEPRESSION...

You heard it here first!!
                The rest is silence...

Comment

My contract just extended until Oct next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    My contract just extended until Oct next year.
                    And what's your termination clause? nobody is secure, we are all hanging on in there.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                      And what's your termination clause? nobody is secure, we are all hanging on in there.
                      The permies at clientco are useless. I left for 6 months in 2006 - took me 6 months to trace down all the stupid bugs, memory leaks etc.

If I go I will be better off personally. And they will be worse off.

Comment

Working...
                      X