• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There's an IT recession coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A recession coming? Really? Now theres some insightful analysis. I wonder if the media are going to pick up on this and start running some economy based stories for a change ?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Well lads,

the Benes invoicing radar says there's an IT recession coming.

Batten down the hatches, implement 'whatever it takes' mode and use it when applying for contracts.

Looking at the headcount on this forum today, I wonder how many of us will still be here this time next year ?

Good luck everybody, we're gonna need it.

Milan.
      People will always need backups.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What a waste of resource this thread is. I'm always amazed at people who want to make predictions about the future or negative comments about our prospects.

My life's fantastic at the moment - I have a roof over my head, food on the table, spare money to spend. Next year I might be struggling to find a job, or I might get run over by a bus or win lotto - who cares?

You sit there worrying about what may or may not happen down the road, I'm gonna carrry on enjoying my present existence, and generally being happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          tape changers
          worms

Comment

Recession hasn't filtered through to my public sector clients yet. Mind you, on the bench and looking for 2 weeks - reasonably optimistic, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Recession hasn't filtered through to my public sector clients yet. Mind you, on the bench and looking for 2 weeks - reasonably optimistic, though.
              Same here too, had a few agency calls lately that seemed positive.
              Have Fun!

Comment

Working...
              X