• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Heskey England's best player?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Heskey England's best player?

Don't know how he does it but everytime he plays England seem to score at least 3 goals ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Stick to talking tulipe about the city and finance.

You clearly know nothing about football.

Comment

No, he just brings balance to the team, to quote a cliche. He creates space for others to play in, his link up play is great and he's a physical handful for any defender.

Look at the record of any striker who's played alongside him, and they always score goals.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I heard they played well.....stupid Setanta, since when has opening up competition helped the consumer. Was better when all on one channel!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Stick to talking tulipe about the city and finance.

You clearly know nothing about football.
          Oooh 'ark at him! Didn't get any last night, eh?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            No, he just brings balance to the team, to quote a cliche. He creates space for others to play in, his link up play is great and he's a physical handful for any defender.

Look at the record of any striker who's played alongside him, and they always score goals.
            It was meant to be a joke, but your analysis is spot on
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              It was meant to be a joke, but your analysis is spot on
              Never know on this board.

Tell you what - if he could add the ability to hit the target regularly he'd be world class, England's Drogba ...

I do think the danger is, as always with England, expectation levels ramping up a bit to much already. They've not played a great team as yet, they're most definitely much improved since Capello took over but I can already sense that fatal trap that the English press always falls into coming up (You know, expecting them to win the world cup)

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Oooh 'ark at him! Didn't get any last night, eh?
                As a matter of fact

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Never know on this board.

Tell you what - if he could add the ability to hit the target regularly he'd be world class, England's Drogba ...

I do think the danger is, as always with England, expectation levels ramping up a bit to much already. They've not played a great team as yet, they're most definitely much improved since Capello took over but I can already sense that fatal trap that the English press always falls into coming up (You know, expecting them to win the world cup)
                  Well reaching the quarter finals seems to be the fairly consistent level of the team (barring non-qualification). If they can raise their game a bit its reasonable to think a semi-final place may not be too far-fetched. I wouldn't go further than that though.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well reaching the quarter finals seems to be the fairly consistent level of the team (barring non-qualification). If they can raise their game a bit its reasonable to think a semi-final place may not be too far-fetched. I wouldn't go further than that though.
                    I think they're capable of getting to the semi's, and with some luck the final - outside chance of winning. But the bgi issue for me is the weight of expectation - they go to tournaments and there is so much expectation on them they can't play with freedom. If they could go to a tournament without that I think they'd do much better.

Comment

Working...
                    X