• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is Heskey England's best player?"

Collapse

• mailric
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Don't know how he does it but everytime he plays England seem to score at least 3 goals ....

ooohh thats a good one

man, my belly hurts

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Oh bollocks. You agreeing with me, or vice versa, makes me feel dirty.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Emile Heskey is one of the most under-rated players around. As a previous poster states, whenever he plays England scores lots of goals. When he is out injured goals dry up.

Football is a team game and Heskey is a great team player and fantastic worker. Let's hope he is fit for England's next games.
    Oh bollocks. You agreeing with me, or vice versa, makes me feel dirty.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Emile Heskey is one of the most under-rated players around. As a previous poster states, whenever he plays England scores lots of goals. When he is out injured goals dry up.

Football is a team game and Heskey is a great team player and fantastic worker. Let's hope he is fit for England's next games.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Plenty of teams go in with huge expectations from their fans : the Brazilians especially, Italians, Germans etc. But this lot of millionaire chavs seem to have cream cheese instead of steel in their backbones. What they need is a hard, no-nonsense regime which hopefully Capello is providing.
    I think it's different for them - they have the weight of expectation, but also they've the confidence from recent experience of winning.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I think they're capable of getting to the semi's, and with some luck the final - outside chance of winning. But the bgi issue for me is the weight of expectation - they go to tournaments and there is so much expectation on them they can't play with freedom. If they could go to a tournament without that I think they'd do much better.
    Plenty of teams go in with huge expectations from their fans : the Brazilians especially, Italians, Germans etc. But this lot of millionaire chavs seem to have cream cheese instead of steel in their backbones. What they need is a hard, no-nonsense regime which hopefully Capello is providing.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I'm sure you could introduce them, and relieve them of a nice fat percentage as well
    Now that's an idea

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    They should be forced to log onto CUK before every match where they will be relieved of any weight of expectation.
    I'm sure you could introduce them, and relieve them of a nice fat percentage as well

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I think they're capable of getting to the semi's, and with some luck the final - outside chance of winning. But the bgi issue for me is the weight of expectation - they go to tournaments and there is so much expectation on them they can't play with freedom. If they could go to a tournament without that I think they'd do much better.

They should be forced to log onto CUK before every match where they will be relieved of any weight of expectation.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Well reaching the quarter finals seems to be the fairly consistent level of the team (barring non-qualification). If they can raise their game a bit its reasonable to think a semi-final place may not be too far-fetched. I wouldn't go further than that though.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Never know on this board.

Tell you what - if he could add the ability to hit the target regularly he'd be world class, England's Drogba ...

I do think the danger is, as always with England, expectation levels ramping up a bit to much already. They've not played a great team as yet, they're most definitely much improved since Capello took over but I can already sense that fatal trap that the English press always falls into coming up (You know, expecting them to win the world cup)
    Well reaching the quarter finals seems to be the fairly consistent level of the team (barring non-qualification). If they can raise their game a bit its reasonable to think a semi-final place may not be too far-fetched. I wouldn't go further than that though.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Oooh 'ark at him! Didn't get any last night, eh?
    As a matter of fact

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    It was meant to be a joke, but your analysis is spot on
    Never know on this board.

Tell you what - if he could add the ability to hit the target regularly he'd be world class, England's Drogba ...

I do think the danger is, as always with England, expectation levels ramping up a bit to much already. They've not played a great team as yet, they're most definitely much improved since Capello took over but I can already sense that fatal trap that the English press always falls into coming up (You know, expecting them to win the world cup)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    No, he just brings balance to the team, to quote a cliche. He creates space for others to play in, his link up play is great and he's a physical handful for any defender.

Look at the record of any striker who's played alongside him, and they always score goals.
    It was meant to be a joke, but your analysis is spot on

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Stick to talking tulipe about the city and finance.

You clearly know nothing about football.
    Oooh 'ark at him! Didn't get any last night, eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X