• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market riots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hence the question mark.
    If there are heavy losses in Hong Kong and Shanghai and the locals are causing a run on the banks I am guessing that the Hong Kong and Shanghai bank is likely to have problems.
    you do know that HSBC is a british bank?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Ummm ... where to start.
      go on, I am interested. Enlighten me.
      I am reading how the Chinese are borrowing to buy shares. HSBC is a local bank, possibly the biggest so is it not likely they have loaned a lot of this money?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        HSBC parent is in Hong Kong.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          WHS.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Its down 5% at the moment, but its share price still looks healthy.
            Last edited by M_B; 8 October 2008, 13:07.

Comment

http://www.hsbc.com/1/2/about-hsbc

We are the world's local bank.

Headquartered in London, HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. HSBC's international network comprises around 9,500 offices in 85 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa.

With listings on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges, shares in HSBC Holdings plc are held by around 200,000 shareholders in some 100 countries and territories. The shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of American Depositary Receipts.

Through an international network linked by advanced technology, including a rapidly growing e-commerce capability, HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services: personal financial services; commercial banking; corporate, investment banking and markets; private banking; and other activities.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSBC)

HSBC Holdings plc <snip></snip> is a public limited company incorporated in England and Wales, headquartered in London.[1] It is the holding company of the world's largest company, and it is the world's largest banking group[2][

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  WHS.
                  Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation HSBC. Big clue in the name there guys.
                  I may be wrong but I was under the impression that this company owns HSBC UK.
                  Please correct me.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                    From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSBC)

HSBC Holdings plc <snip></snip> is a public limited company incorporated in England and Wales, headquartered in London.[1] It is the holding company of the world's largest company, and it is the world's largest banking group[2][
                    WHS as well as WIS.

Comment

Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation HSBC. Big clue in the name there guys.
                      I may be wrong but I was under the impression that this company owns HSBC UK.
                      Please correct me.
                      You're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X