• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Positive things about contracting for banks here in the UK!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

head count
    Well they would have chopped you straight away. There are better programmers in India.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Well they would have chopped you straight away.
      No they would not have. Do you know why? Because I have no desire to work for a bank. I did have interview in 2000 with Barclays Capital but I did not like their attitude, I think shortly afterwards I read about them outsourcing IT functions or something like this

Comment

No they would not have. Do you know why? Because I have no desire to work for a bank. I did have interview in 2000 with Barclays Capital but I did not like their attitude, I think shortly afterwards I read about them outsourcing IT functions or something like this
        it only lasted 5 minutes because I didn't understand the questions they were asking me.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

they kicked me out after 5 minutes because I talked crap and looked like a bag man.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            they kicked me out after 5 minutes because I talked crap and looked like a bag man.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

A former client that moved to BarCap phoned me to ask if I wanted to have a contact name so I could sell to them. I said I wanted nothing to do with the <expletive>s. He lasted less than three months before leaving; I got an e-mail from him saying that I was spot on with my judgement of them.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I was spot on with my judgement of them.
                I've heard some stories later about it too.

Comment

Working...
                X