• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Positive things about contracting for banks here in the UK!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I was spot on with my judgement of them.
    I've heard some stories later about it too.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No they would not have. Do you know why? Because I have no desire to work for a bank. I did have interview in 2000 with Barclays Capital but I did not like their attitude, I think shortly afterwards I read about them outsourcing IT functions or something like this
    A former client that moved to BarCap phoned me to ask if I wanted to have a contact name so I could sell to them. I said I wanted nothing to do with the <expletive>s. He lasted less than three months before leaving; I got an e-mail from him saying that I was spot on with my judgement of them.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    they kicked me out after 5 minutes because I talked crap and looked like a bag man.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    No they would not have. Do you know why? Because I have no desire to work for a bank. I did have interview in 2000 with Barclays Capital but I did not like their attitude, I think shortly afterwards I read about them outsourcing IT functions or something like this
    they kicked me out after 5 minutes because I talked crap and looked like a bag man.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    it only lasted 5 minutes because I didn't understand the questions they were asking me.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well they would have chopped you straight away.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

head count
    Well they would have chopped you straight away. There are better programmers in India.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Banks are desperate to reduce risk.

head count

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

out
    Nah salaries/rates going up for those with the right experience.
    Banks are desperate to reduce risk.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Lots out of work for Credit Risk analysts

out

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Plenty of office space to play chair races.

No problem finding a parking space.

Loads of free booze with all the leaving dos.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Lots of work for Credit Risk analysts

Leave a comment:

• Mailman_1
    replied
    Lots of work for off-shoring Technical Architects!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Loads of luvverly tax-payers money to play with.
    Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Not my fault mate - blame the sadguru

Leave a comment:

Working...
X