• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much minimum PAYE per year to stay above the radar ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Yawn
    Sandy, you're back! Any mutton recipes to share?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

But what do you guys do ?

It is tricky ..

accountant says 931.13 per month ....

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post

It is tricky ..

Do that then.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

It is tricky ..

That sounds very risky to me. 931.54 would be much safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
            That sounds very risky to me. 931.54 would be much safer.
            Are you able to reason normally ?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Do that then.
              Disco , you speak to me again

Comment

Disco , you speak to me again
                1) If you do not have a contract of employment the you do not need to pay NMW if you are a director.

2) If you do have a contract of employment then you need to pay NMW for hours worked under it.

3) It is conceivable you do have an implied contract of employment even if no written one exists.

In any event I wouldn't imagine it making any difference to whether you get an investigation or the results of it. The only difference that HMRC will see are some slightly larger figures (but still small) on the P35 and in the annual accounts.
                Last edited by ASB; 6 October 2008, 16:33. Reason: Oops, typo in 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                  1) If you have a contract of employment the you do not need to pay NMW if you are a director.

2) If you do have a contract of employment then you need to pay NMW for hours worked under it.

3) It is conceivable you do have an implied contract of employment even if no written one exists.

In any event I wouldn't imagine it making any difference to whether you get an investigation or the results of it. The only difference that HMRC will see are some slightly larger figures (but still small) on the P35 and in the annual accounts.
                  But my P35 has the ammount of PAYE paid ... I think it is an extra sheet the accountant supplied to the HMRC....

As a director of the Co , it can be argued I worked throughout the existence of the Co ?!?! Is that so ? If so then the wise way to pay PAYE should be to keep it just above 12 months at NMW ..... which is 11 000 about....

Comment

But my P35 has the ammount of PAYE paid ... I think it is an extra sheet the accountant supplied to the HMRC....

As a director of the Co , it can be argued I worked throughout the existence of the Co ?!?! Is that so ? If so then the wise way to pay PAYE should be to keep it just above 12 months at NMW ..... which is 11 000 about....
                    Typo in number 1. It should have said "do not". Why not just check what it says about NMW for directors on the DTI web site? (And on here every other day).

Comment

How much minimum PAYE per year to stay above the radar ?
                      What do you mean by "stay above the radar"?

Comment

Working...
                      X