• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Convertible

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASB View Post
    XKR ??
    WHS.

Please. It will pay ClientCo, who will pay me, and several other members. It will be good karma.

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    If you can deal with the hairdresser quips from people who've never driven one, driving an MX5 is pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Rear wheel drive, awesome handling, they're an absolute hoot.
    VoodooFlux drives one of these (well, I say "drives"); and I do like to poke a bit of fun. That said they are very very good fun by all accounts. And reasonably priced too.

Comment

Are you talking about the old TT or the new one?

I've got the new one, mine is a coupe though. If you go for one have a look at the TTS, it's faster than the 3.2, has better fuel consumption and has a lot of extras bolted on (LED lights like the R8, quad exhaust, xenons, silver wing mirrors, better alloys etc).

It's a great car, handles very well and the S-Tronic gearbox is sweet.
      Last edited by virtuesoft; 1 October 2008, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I am replacing a HondaS2000 but I want something different. I quite like the XK also
        I was guessing at a budget. The XK is a top motor. Somebody mentioned the Lotus (though I understand the vauxhal is the same car underneath).
        There are so many options.

If you are on a budget(ish) then the MR2 is a different drive to the Honda. The fully tricked out version should suit. If you are planning to spend then go for the XK.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

The Lotus is pretty awesome, I almost got one instead of the TT but it wasn't practical enough for me. If you have another car to do the shopping etc in then the Loutus could be a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            As I have said before. Toyota MR2. Pound for pound the best sports convertable on the market. Slightly higher price range no doubt the Honda 2000.

MX5 is a bag of doo doo compared to either of the above.
            My MR2's for sale to a good home...
            B00med!

Comment

DA, may be worth a tour of www.pistonheads.co.uk for some fairly frank but straight advice...
              I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
                DA, may be worth a tour of www.pistonheads.co.uk for some fairly frank but straight advice...
                Bollox, all the experts you will ever need are to be found on cuk

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  what makes you think we are not all members of both (or more) expert forums? hmmmmm?
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

AtW
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

That's true, I am here!!

Ok, depends what your missus wants DA, obvious choices would be Z4, SLK, S2000, TT, Boxster and Tamora.

However all of these vehicles are very different in terms of performance, handling and drivability. Some like the S2000 are 4 pot motors that you have to rev the nuts off, whilst others like the Z4 are six cylinder, low down torque silky smooth (wife has owned both so I can speak from experience).

If it was me though, I would suggest a TVR Chimaera and be done with it (can't beat a V8)!!
                      I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Working...
                      X