• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bradford & Bingley Safe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    The first 35k rule is per institution
    Per banking license apparently.

100% of all savers should be protected

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
      So is Bradford & Bingley now a safe place to put your money? They have a 6.5% account..
      I just put 35K in the 6.5% account, I was in the process of opening it last week. I'd say it's a safe as anything else out there. If anybody ends up losing their 35K in a FSA covered bank then it really is bunker and tins of beans time.

Anybody looked into AA, the blurb on the site isn't 100% clear, the deposits are with Brum Midshires ( HBOS ).

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        I just put 35K in the 6.5% account, I was in the process of opening it last week. I'd say it's a safe as anything else out there. If anybody ends up losing their 35K in a FSA covered bank then it really is bunker and tins of beans time.

Anybody looked into AA, the blurb on the site isn't 100% clear, the deposits are with Brum Midshires ( HBOS ).
        Why not 50K? Is that not the new limit?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Why not 50K? Is that not the new limit?
          Not yet ! I think the laws that brought it upto 35K 100% covered run out soonish and the new stuff with the 50K limit needs to go thru parliament soonish ( do you like the precision in the answer !? ).

Ireland is 100% covered on everything in a panic measure this week, DOOMED ! Infact UBER DOOMED !

Comment

Working...
          X