• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winstons first words

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Good evening all!

Secondly, 'coz I've just replied to SandyDown and her plastic muslim beliefs! I'd like to ask where and when was it laid down in CUK law that I can't even mention the N word?
    Someone got banned for saying the word so why did you think it was clever to repeat it again? Surely you must have had an idea that the word was not welcomed?

I will repeat, we do not want this forum to degenerate to the levels of cc.net and, while we tolerate a lot of banter here, I felt things were going downhill. Having already banned DP for use of the word and edited other posts I felt that a short ban was called for to emphasise that we will not tolerate behaviour that is deemed unacceptable.

I am at a loss as to why you think that term would be accepted on a forum that is for professional contractors, a forum where sponsorship is sought to cover the costs of hosting and maintaining. In other parts of the forum this may well have been ignored but on the main forum it was pushing things too far.

Ferret, you were bang out of order. Plenty of other people mentioned the N word without getting banned.

If I'd have known that it was verboten I wouldn't have done it. Why did you have to come the heavy handed twat?

As for your "banned in good humour", what the hell is that?
    Someone got banned for saying it and you thought it was in good humour to repeat the word. I thought it was good humour to ban you for doing so. To be a heavy handed twat would have been to ban you permanently for winding me up, I thought I was being very tolerant to be honest. I had several PMs stating that they hoped the ban was permanent, not sure if you are aware but you do come across as quite a bully at times.

People who said it have been warned where I saw it and if they transgress again they will be banned. I also asked for a filter to be put in so if the word is used something else will be printed instead which the admin has now done just in case people feel they should use the word again. Any attempt to "do a ferret" (circumvent this filter, phrase courtesy of bogeyman) will also result in a ban.

Coming back and accusing me of being a heavy handed twat is not particularly clever. I am prepared to let this one pass as I know you have a strong character but I will not stand for it again. I am not abusive to people on the board and I expect the same level of civility in return.

Remember that this forum is read by a lot of people in the industry, I know that some of us have been on here for many years and see if more as a playground where we can chat with mates than a "serious" forum but the line was drawn yesterday and you crossed it.

You have had short bans for this sort of behaviour before. I may not be so lenient if I have to act again.
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

ferret is right as usual. This forum is pretty damn open but some lines should not be crossed, mild ban is like a kick in chat rather than ban, so really pretty mild to be fair.

Comment

Good evening all!

Secondly, 'coz I've just replied to SandyDown and her plastic muslim beliefs! I'd like to ask where and when was it laid down in CUK law that I can't even mention the N word?

Ferret, you were bang out of order. Plenty of other people mentioned the N word without getting banned.

If I'd have known that it was verboten I wouldn't have done it. Why did you have to come the heavy handed twat?

As for your "banned in good humour", what the hell is that?

Well we all found it extremely amusing

You just have a stunted sense of humour
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
          Any attempt to "do a ferret" (circumvent this filter, phrase courtesy of bogeyman) will also result in a ban.

Comment

Ferret, get off your high horse and wind your neck in a bit.

I wasn't aware why DP had been banned at the time.

Also, I wasn't aware that use of the "N" word was forbidden!

Comment

Could you just remind us what got you banned last time around?
              Was it a certain word in BIG red letters?

I agree that none of us could have known why DP was banned as his post was edited to remove the offending article.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                Could you just remind us what got you banned last time around?
                Was it a certain word in BIG red letters?

I agree that none of us could have known why DP was banned as his post was edited to remove the offending article.
                Yeah, but the reason given for the ban was just that! I posted the "N" word in big letters.

Ah well, we live and learn.

Comment

Yeah, but the reason given for the ban was just that! I posted the "N" word in big letters.

Ah well, we live and learn.
                  I thought you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks

Comment

*Ferret dismounts*

*Ferret winds in neck*

I apologise for not being clear about why you could have been banned and perhaps should have warned you first.
                    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                      *Ferret dismounts*

*Ferret winds in neck*

I apologise for not being clear about why you could have been banned and perhaps should have warned you first.
                      Oh! god!

Don't apologise to him for Christ's sake

Now he'll be insufferable for days

Comment

Working...
                      X