• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luton ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luton - It's alright to fly from or drive through but for everything else it's pants...well, apart from girls, I once had a very nice experience but yeah, dont live there!

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
      is it ok for short habitation ?

Local area
      Full neighbourhood profile
      The demographics and housing often found in this and similar postcodes, means this postcode is classed as crowded Asian terraces. These are known as type 37 in the ACORN classification and 0.51% of the UK’s population live in this type.

Very high concentrations of neighbourhoods fitting this profile are found in Bradford, Southall, Blackburn, East London and Birmingham. Here is an overview of the likely preferences and features of your neighbourhood:
      On the plus side if you like authentic Indian food you should be spoilt for choice at good prices!
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        On the plus side if you like authentic Indian food you should be spoilt for choice at good prices!
        I haven't stopped to test this, but many years ago when I lived in Slough, which had a large enough Indian population to have a regular bus service to Delhi (OK, every few months not 10 mins in rush hour), there were no Indian restaurants. I suppose the Indians mostly ate at home.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          I haven't stopped to test this, but many years ago when I lived in Slough, which had a large enough Indian population to have a regular bus service to Delhi (OK, every few months not 10 mins in rush hour), there were no Indian restaurants. I suppose the Indians mostly ate at home.
          There are plenty of Indian Restaraunts and Cafes in Slough now! BTW I classify a restaraunt as somewhere an English person would go to - ie the food is cooked according to English taste, whereas a Cafe would be where the Indian population goes.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Local area
            Full neighbourhood profile
            The demographics and housing often found in this and similar postcodes, means this postcode is classed as crowded Asian terraces. These are known as type 37 in the ACORN classification and 0.51% of the UK’s population live in this type.

Very high concentrations of neighbourhoods fitting this profile are found in Bradford, Southall, Blackburn, East London and Birmingham. Here is an overview of the likely preferences and features of your neighbourhood:

Family income Low
            Interest in current affairs High
            Housing - with mortgage Low
            Educated - to degree Low
            Couples with children High
            Have satellite TV Medium

This type of postcode is characterised by very high numbers of young Asian families living in older terraced housing in our major towns and cities. Within this type 70% of people are Asian. There are also high numbers of students sharing rented accommodation. Overall, the relatively large families and the number of students sharing make these houses some of the most crowded in the country.

Unemployment levels are much higher than average. Qualification levels are low, and where people do work, they are in routine manual jobs or working in the retail sector. Very few women work, and most are likely to be concentrating on bringing up their young families. This type of postcode has the highest number of children under the age of four.

Incomes are low, and with families to support there is little to spend on anything but the essentials. They will buy their food at Asda and Morrisons, and many will buy clothes at the supermarket as well. Mail order from the traditional catalogues such as Littlewoods is also popular, where the credit offer may be important. Their religion is very important to them, and religious activities provide much of their social contact.

The most popular newspapers are the Daily Mirror, The Guardian and Independent.

At home, many have cable TV for greater viewing choice including some Asian channels. They are unlikely to go on holiday often, but when they do, long haul trips, perhaps to visit family, are popular.

Must be some mistake, it's in the south, a utopia that Northern slobs can only dream of.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

In a nutshell - yes but chose the area you live wisely and carefully. Some parts are quite nice but are still tarred with the same brush.

If you are moving there for work I would suggest looking at nearby places and commuting. I live about 30 mins from Luton and we are surrounded by lovely countryside.

PM me if you want more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
                In a nutshell - yes but chose the area you live wisely and carefully. Some parts are quite nice but are still tarred with the same brush.

If you are moving there for work I would suggest looking at nearby places and commuting. I live about 30 mins from Luton and we are surrounded by lovely countryside.

PM me if you want more information.
                Likewise: live about 30 mins. Coubtryside. PM if you like.

Comment

Working...
                X