• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Atheist day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    BTW I'm agnostic, so I'm not trying to convert you to belief in anything.
    I was more agnostic than atheist myself, however recently I started moving towards atheism insofar as Russian affairs are concerned - Western Christianity is more or less acceptable, but Russian is very aggressive and oppressive flavour.

Too many current world problems are due to religions - the only way to address root cause of problems is to deal with religions, and the first step would be prohibition of teaching this stuff to children.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
      (I don't think I am, since I'm not pretending to be anything I'm not except to those who are holding up religion as a barrier.)

If it is hypocrisy, I can live with it. What I couldn't live with is holding my own beliefs above the future opportunities of my children and denying them acccess to a decent education for the sake of not telling a porky to the local cleric.

Do you actually have kids Ruprect?
      Yep, 2. Don't get me wrong, I understand completely why you (and thousands like you) do it, but it propogates a 2 tier education system that denies many parents who all pay their fair share of tax (), giving the "religious" a better chance than the non. And that is fundamentally wrong.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
      X