• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Completely Barking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Leeds is not on the East Coast mainline you dunderhead!!

Still, I agree with the "turn it to glass" sentiment!
    That's my point, it is on a branch line, but at Doncaster the Leeds trains cause delays on the East Coast Main Line 'cause when they're late the switches from York at St. Marys bridge need to time out.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
      Bliar's Party won 35.3% of the overall vote dimwit. You do understand percentages I assume, or are you American?
      Look here funboy, 50% of the votes is only relevant in a two party system. There are three main parties here so Tony got a majority i.e. greater than a third. Can you get that Cabbage head ?

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
        Suicide bomber 'justifying' his actions according to the BBC this morning - bad choice of words I think. Rather a case of rabid nutter talking total bollux
        The Govt seems to have found refuge in saying that his actions were not justifiable -- and they are correct in that, however this correct answer is given to another question -- did Iraq made it more likely for those people to do their (certainly unjustifiable) deeds?

Sadly I think the answer is yes -- the UK was not on target list but now it is. Ken Clarke made is rather clear -- an honest answer.

I suppose people may have accepted extra risk if fuel cost 20p per liter, however price is more like 1 quid. So the question is what the heck UK gained in Iraq? It seems that its not even breaking even (US companies got most contracts, so this operation had net cost to the taxpayer).

Helping ally? If UK refused then it is likely the USA would not have invaded alone in the first place - this would have saved ally 2,000 lifes and $600 bln. This could have been the biggest help to an ally ever.
        Last edited by AtW; 2 September 2005, 13:29.

Comment

If UK refused then it is likely the USA would not have invaded alone in the first place
          Why? Do you think Bush cares about what his little poodle barks at him? Bush has got a few other obedient servants, you know, Poland, Italy, Spain (althoguh that one has left the nest I understand), the Czech Republic etc.. Don't think he would have noticed Blair telling him "Oh no, I'm not going there, master".
          Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
            >Rather a case of rabid nutter talking total bollux

Not completely, we do live in a democracy and a majority did elect
            Tony Blair. We support his policies and so we are responsible in some degree for his decisions. We are not as "innocent" as the media likes to make us. Is terrorism ever justified ? Well, why not ask Bomber command during WWII.
            Actually I was talking about the suicide bomber!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
              Bush has got a few other obedient servants, you know, Poland, Italy, Spain (althoguh that one has left the nest I understand), the Czech Republic etc
              As an aside, how useful are servants such as these in terms of military power? Cannon fodder, surely? Much better to have a strong army capable of special operations.
              Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

>Rather a case of rabid nutter talking total bollux

Not completely, we do live in a democracy and a majority did elect
                Tony Blair. We support his policies and so we are responsible in some degree for his decisions. We are not as "innocent" as the media likes to make us. Is terrorism ever justified ? Well, why not ask Bomber command during WWII.
                So according to your poor logical design, are we allowed to invade any middle-east country since those people originated/were born there and therefore responsible for what they did?
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  So according to your poor logical design ...
                  What sort of UML modelling course have you been on ? No chumpy, when a democratically elected government goes to war then its citizens bare some responsibility. The Iraqi citizens are not responsible for Saddams attrocities because he was a dictator.

Want to play clappa, clappa, handies ?

Comment

The Iraqi citizens are not responsible for Saddams attrocities because he was a dictator.
                    You reckon Tony Blair is not? Can't remember the poll but a very large number of people in the UK were against the war. And yet I think that if it wasn't Tony Blair but someone else, still the decision wouldn't have been different.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Odd! I seem to agree with everything any of the above posters say with the exception of their last paragraph which has been very sensibly refuted by the next poster. Can we make this a rule? Then I can post a response to comments without bothering to read them. Come to think of it, that's generally what I do anyhow. When all is said and done, comme ci comme ca, the devil makes hands for idle work etc. when you are a genius why care what anyone else thinks?
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X