• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blu-ray

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by interested View Post
    I've got a Sony Bravia TV at the moment but it's 1080i rather than 1080P. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Bravia X series should I go ahead and get the Blu-ray player.

At the moment I'm using an upscaling Sony DVD player - are you saying that there would be a noticeable difference if I had a Blu-ray player with my current telly?

cheers
    then, if you are looking at upgrading and staying sony (why when the Panasonic is better and cheaper?) then look at comet or the like, you get a free sony Blu-ray with the new tv.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      Have you used the HD movie download service? If you have, do you rate it? I don't do games either or ever look to own DVD's so I'm interested in streaming HD movies.

Your profile picture is just pure genuis.. ahhahaha this has made my day

<back on topic now... sorry for the intrusion>

TM

Comment

Originally posted by themistry View Post

TM
        its still bloody itchy! had to drive 700miles over the last 3 days visiting suppliers and such, its been really uncomfy!
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          its still bloody itchy! had to drive 700miles over the last 3 days visiting suppliers and such, its been really uncomfy!

i was quoting RateWhore, but your tat is very nice too...

Comment

Originally posted by themistry View Post

TM
            I should make it a caption competition really...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

"And this is how I got Tony to stand down as PM."
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"Tough on tissues, tough on the causes of tissues".

Comment

Kenco please
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
                    Yes I do, that's the one reason I bought the thing. Not bothered about showing pics or any of that crap, I just wanted it so I could rent movies over the internet. I'd say it's as good as upscaled DVD's on my 1080i Bravia TV.

If you're going to get one, get the one with the larger hard drive - reason being is that I find myself ripping DVD's I rent and storing them on the AppleTV - I'll run out of space soon.
                    Out of interest, how long does a HD movie take to download (given reasonably decent bandwidth of somewhere between 4 and 8 Meg).
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Out of interest, how long does a HD movie take to download (given reasonably decent bandwidth of somewhere between 4 and 8 Meg).
                      2 hours to 2 months

How long is the movie?
                      What is your download source?
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X