• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blu-ray

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    2 hours to 2 months

How long is the movie?
    What is your download source?
    say an average movie of around 2 hours and I'd be looking at iTunes downloading to Apple TV.

After a bit of research (I know - shocking!), I found this which helps explain things a bit.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
      Thinking of getting a Blu-ray player but wondering if it's really worth it.
      Honestly not really unless you are at least one of the following

* You are an audio/video junkie
      * You are a gadget junkie
      * You have money to burn

Back catalogs on blue ray are limited and new releases are overpriced

Sure the odd thing looks really amazing in High Def, but is it really worth all the large extra cost? Not really

And seems many people are coming to same conclusion, even though Blue ray just wiped out the other format it's sales are down

I would wait untill the prices for equipment and media come down a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
        I would wait untill the prices for equipment and media come down a lot

People who claim to be "blown away" by HD are simply too easily pleased. It's certainly a noticable improvement but not worth blowing your wad over.

As for buying, it's like houses, why buy when you can rent. The prices of both are sure to fall over the coming months/years. It pays to think outside the box before you end up living in a cardboard one.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
        X