• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Listening to Brown Speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    He's just announced the funded PC's and broadband. So if you want broadband so that you can surf the net after Jeremy Kyle has finished you'll be happy to know that gordon Brown is going to give away 1,000,000 computers
    And the chavs will just take their shiny new Gov computers and internet vouchers down to the local pub and swap them for booze and fags.

How very 'prudent'.

Comment

But seriously, folks...

It is going to be absolutely hilarious reading your howls of indignation when the Tories return to power (as they will, sooner or later) and screw you all in exactly the same way.

I know some of you are young, and still foolishly believe that one political agenda is better for you (and those you care about) than another.

I know some of you are older yet still cling to the fantasy that, one way or another, there must eventually be some politicians in power who act in your best interests.

But let me tell you now: it's never going to happen.

Get used to it

Comment

Sad but true.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Labour: growth in virtually every quarter of their government.
          In the most benign global market ever where even the most incompetent of governments has seen growth in every quarter.
          Conservative: very mixed. Looks like it worked until they did something, then it usually went all wrong.
          Certainly some mistakes, but generally steered the country well through a very turbulent time globally. Compared to the rest of the world they did a masterful job and left the country in the best state it had ever been and well up there in terms of global economies.
          Left growth as a legacy to NL
          As was noted at the time by every single pundit and paper, even grudgingly by the left wing ones.

Labour: committed to "Golden Rule" of not borrowing for current expenditure, only for investment. Almost managed it, not quite.
          Only managed this by moving the start and end dates of the economic cycles. First cycle started half way through the last Tory year which gave them a massive head start on spending. They shifted end dates when the balance wasn't right and quickly slipped them in so the borrowing didn't look so bad.
          Conservative: no such commitment.
          I don't remember this either[/QUOTE]
          Did come up with one great idea: spread the idea that you're the party that is good with money.
          Every day NL is in power the case in point is proven. Golden Clown is trying to do the same thing with his "prudent" label. The proles have swallowed it hook line and sinker. The rest of the world is pointing and laughing.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            But seriously, folks...

It is going to be absolutely hilarious reading your howls of indignation when the Tories return to power (as they will, sooner or later) and screw you all in exactly the same way.

I know some of you are young, and still foolishly believe that one political agenda is better for you (and those you care about) than another.

I know some of you are older yet still cling to the fantasy that, one way or another, there must eventually be some politicians in power who act in your best interests.

Get used to it
            This is true - I see Cameron in the same way as Gordon Brown or John Major. Tony Blair was better than all 3 put togetger - who himself cannot hold an candle to my political hero - Maggie

If we can't bring back Maggie then lets have the Lib Dems.....

Comment

Working...
            X