• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

E111/EHIC Gouvernment bunch of useless w*****s

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E111/EHIC Gouvernment bunch of useless w*****s

[rant]
    At 10pm last night I printed off the E111 forms from the appropriate webtulipe.
    I filled them in. I have just been to the post office to get them stamped to only find out that you can no longer apply for E111.

The new procedure is to apply for an EHIC (Eurpoean Health Insurance Card). This can be done by either
    a)filling a form available at the post office, and then waiting 3 weeks for the appropriate card
    b) filling a form online, and then waiting 1 week for the appropriate card
    c) ringing them up

none of these are practical since the I leave tomorrow.

I tried b) but get runtime errors when trying to fill in the form, so I tried c). Well the phone number in the form the lovely young lady in the post office gave me and the one on the website is the same, 0845 6060 2030. When rung you get a recorded message saying you have reached the Perscription Priceing hotliine (huh wtf....) and press 1 to speak with someone, press 1 and you get the engaged tone.

Useless bunch of *******, maybe they should start with easy like organising piss ups in brewerys !

[\rant]
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Bummer. Got my last week just in case. Lesson. Watch out for announcements in the papers. It was advertised quite extensively.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Newspapers, I find out everything I need to know from here
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
        Newspapers, I find out everything I need to know from here
        It's true, it was widely advertised that the old scheme was expiring. On the last old style E111 application form I filled in there was a ticky box to request they should automatically send you the new card when the old paperwork expired. It arrived through the letter box about a month ago with no further prompting. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Just make sure you take your travel insurance cert with you and there will be no troubles. Remember, the E111 scheme only entitles you to the same treatment as a local would get (which is not necessarily free treatment).

Comment

Given that one would usually have a UK passport. What is E111 all about?
          Job creation maybe.

Comment

My point of reference was the E111 page, last night, the only date mentioned about the scheme ending was 31 - 12 - 2005.

And I did tick the damn EHIC box, unfortunalty the Post Office would not accept it

OH WELL OFF ON HOLS FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS

Comment

Working...
            X