• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking

Poll to follow
    Park anywhere I damn well like and sod anyone else (CAG)
    15.15%
    Only park where I know I have permission / park in public car parks
    60.61%
    I am Cybertory - Parking fines are a New Labour Steath Tax
    6.06%
    I ride a bike
    9.09%
    I am Incognito and you are all sentenced to 5 years
    9.09%

Park anywhere I damn well like and sod anyone else

Only been clamped once, behind a nightclub in Newport. I left the clamp hanging from the clamping sign

Didn't notice the sticker on the passenger side window of the 4x4 and drove off. The top chain on the clamp ripped out of the plate, and I drove out of it. It did put a small dent in my wheel arch though
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Only been clamped once, behind a nightclub in Newport........
      You knows it - safe spa.

Comment

In London they clamp you then remove your car. Usually this costs £250. I park like a saint, and where I can I use multi-storey car parks (where the f**kers can't get you)

When I'm outside of London however I feel strangely liberated, like I can park for free, anywhere I like...
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          In London they clamp you then remove your car. Usually this costs £250. I park like a saint, and where I can I use multi-storey car parks (where the f**kers can't get you)

When I'm outside of London however I feel strangely liberated, like I can park for free, anywhere I like...
          I saw that happen in Glasgow too... they just leave your ticket lying on the pavement or something....
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I use the bike a lot for short trips. I couldn't stand the hassle associated with using the car - traffic, hunting down parking spaces, paying for parking and having to come back to the car to feed the meter or leave. The city centre is no-go for me by car now, it's just too awful. Compared to bike: hop on bike and glide into town, directly to destination, no time or parking worries, traffic, etc. Cycle up-hill back home (that's the negative part).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I use the bike a lot for short trips. I couldn't stand the hassle associated with using the car - traffic, hunting down parking spaces, paying for parking and having to come back to the car to feed the meter or leave. The city centre is no-go for me by car now, it's just too awful. Compared to bike: hop on bike and glide into town, directly to destination, no time or parking worries, traffic, etc. Cycle up-hill back home (that's the negative part).
              You are braver than me! I would be terrified of becoming road kill if cycling in London!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                You are braver than me! I would be terrified of becoming road kill if cycling in London!
                There are some roads I avoid, but the ones I do use are often clogged with traffic and so reasonably safe.

Comment

Benson stays in the car until I have my meetings.
                  Last edited by Paddy; 18 September 2008, 08:54.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I drive a chieftan tank and I park where I like.

Comment

Working...
                    X