• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Forum Members Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Forum Members Poll

Should CUK Forum members get all hot and bothered and "I'll see you in court"-ish when another member gives them a bit of stick?

I am thinking of The Lord of Squirrel's recent (and sadly departed) spat with Likely. Surely anyone who decides to become a member is asking for the occasional kick in the wotsits?
    Yes
    8.82%
    No. Members should take their chances and not get all girly over nowt.
    55.88%
    I'll see you in court.
    5.88%
    I am a squirrel.
    8.82%
    I am AndyW
    20.59%

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Should CUK Forum members get all hot and bothered and "I'll see you in court"-ish when another member gives them a bit of stick?

I am thinking of The Lord of Squirrel's recent (and sadly departed) spat with Likely. Surely anyone who decides to become a member is asking for the occasional kick in the wotsits?
    Banter and a bit of poking fun is fine but I suspect the mods think that Slander is another kettle of fish..... thing is they have a tulip old job being mods and rarely get thanked for it

This is me in "ass-licking mode"
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

As long as it is legal then take your lumps or don't play, but slanderous/libellous posts must not be made.
      TwaTTyS SKA could make him millions. Undermining that should be defended.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Normally I would agree with you. However AtW runs a business on the Web that relies on contributions from other web users. Therefore his reputation is surely of relevance to people looking to invest and therefore he should have every right to protect that reputation as it could legitimately affect his income.

Comment

Then what the f--k is he doing on CUK's Forum if he has such a superb asset (and I suspect it could, maybe, come up trumps one day)? HE KNOWS what the site's like.

Comment

Bob, this thread is almost trolling.
            The sites T&Cs state to keep it legal.

TwAtTY has been in some real down and dirty threads and has never ever complained at his treatment in a legally threatening way. This time he had every right to and you should stop stirring it.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Then what the f--k is he doing on CUK's Forum if he has such a superb asset (and I suspect it could, maybe, come up trumps one day)? HE KNOWS what the site's like.
              Not one of your better arguments Bob. "Don't surf the web because you might have defamatory statements made about you" doesn't really work for me.

Comment

Calling Incognito a tosser isn't really slander as it's an anonymous user name and won't identify me. Posting a link to my real identity and then calling me a thief and wife beater is a little bit different.
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Bob, this thread is almost trolling.
                  The sites T&Cs state to keep it legal.

TwAtTY has been in some real down and dirty threads and has never ever complained at his treatment in a legally threatening way. This time he had every right to and you should stop stirring it.
                  Get over yourself, man! My POV was that Likely took it a bit close to the edge, and then it turned into WW3. All daft and pompous. If you really, really think I'm trolling, then I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                    Calling Incognito a tosser isn't really slander as it's an anonymous user name and won't identify me. Posting a link to my real identity and then calling me a thief and wife beater is a little bit different.
                    Fair enough. But I'd say that in that case you'd be partly responsible, for having signed-up to a known "lively & forthright" forum. Different if you'd steared clear of such Forums and simply been targeted out of the blue.

Comment

Working...
                    X