• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is your money safe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
    Where are people who have large 6 figures savings, even 7 figure sums keeping their money? I would be papping myself with the current crisis and only being protected for 35k.
    ever heard of Private Wealth Management ?!
    Last edited by SandyDown; 17 September 2008, 09:08.

Comment

Oh-oh

just had a thought. Hargreaves Lansdown hold their sipp pension client money with HBOS.

I can't be the only one here who has a load in cash with them.........

Anyone know anything about this?

googling now.

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
        Anybody know the legal position for business bank accounts? I know the government guarantees the first 35£k for personal accounts but what protection do you get on a business bank account. If my business bank goes tits up what happens to cash in the account??
        ok so back to the question in hand...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          ever heard of Private Wealth Management ?!
          Yep, but how are these immune from the current crisis?

Comment

More importantly (though irrelevant to most people here, I know), what happens to your mortgage if the bank you have it with goes tits up?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              More importantly (though irrelevant to most people here, I know), what happens to your mortgage if the bank you have it with goes tits up?
              Buy a shotgun and go down with both barrels blazing when the bailiffs turn up. Take a few of 'em with you, that's my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
                Yep, but how are these immune from the current crisis?

If one chooses to trade with their money, there is an associated risk, the question is how risky you want to go....

I doubt many high earners are just keeping their money into gauranteed returns (very low risk ) I would think most are investing in various businesses/properties etc...

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                  May be it means one wouldn't have to repay the mortgage and one could have the house for free

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                    May be it means one wouldn't have to repay the mortgage and one could have the house for free
                    Sorry babe , but there is only one thing one can have for free and this is not a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
                      Sorry babe , but there is only one thing one can have for free and this is not a house.
                      What is it then?? a free car?? free meal?? go on tell us

Comment

Working...
                      X