• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Society, Pillar of Society smashed to bits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I don't think so since it would only take a dinosaur bone to be unearthed in young rock or a human skeleton to be found in rock millions of years old to falsify evolution. Or at least require a major rethink. ...
    Or indeed a fossilised "Ban the Bomb" placard. Or a Marks and Spencers towel in a lava flow.

I think with string theory, no-one has an idea of a falsifiability or a predictive experiment. Which makes it something that may be true... but isn't science.

Kind of fun though.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Or indeed a fossilised "Ban the Bomb" placard. Or a Marks and Spencers towel in a lava flow.

I think with string theory, no-one has an idea of a falsifiability or a predictive experiment. Which makes it something that may be true... but isn't science.

Kind of fun though.
      I tend to think of theories such as those as science even if the theories don't meet the ideals of the philosophy of science. I suspect that's the more common view. Philosophy be darned.

Comment

I like this from the Newscientist discussion of the subject (though he's not quite understood that he's proposing teaching in science classes is that creationism isn't science ).
        It's about time creationism was taught in science classes. I have always campaigned for this to happen.

now maybe I can move on to my other crusade of getting snooker taught in music class

just because so called musicians never play snooker at concerts, does that mean our children should be denied the right to go to a snooker concert and make their own mind up as to what constitutes a nice tune?

anyway, must dash. i've left a cake on the lathe
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          It's about time creationism was taught in science classes. I have always campaigned for this to happen.

now maybe I can move on to my other crusade of getting snooker taught in music class

just because so called musicians never play snooker at concerts, does that mean our children should be denied the right to go to a snooker concert and make their own mind up as to what constitutes a nice tune?

anyway, must dash. i've left a cake on the lathe
          Classic.

Comment

Well I'm in favour of evolutionism being taught in RE lessons. As long as the teacher makes it clear that it's just an alternative theory and has no basis in scripture whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              Well I'm in favour of evolutionism being taught in RE lessons. As long as the teacher makes it clear that it's just an alternative theory and has no basis in scripture whatsoever.
              Burn him!!!!

Listen, when our ancestors walked and lived amongst the dinosaurs 6000 years ago............................................... ...........

PS. It's not called creationism. it is called Creation Science
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
              X