• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Georgia's isolation increases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Nothing ever is, but if Russia behaves in an unlawful way then I would expect other states to consider whether they then have an obligation to adhere to the law that Moscow so frequently flouts.
    The lease at Sevastapol expires in 2017...... Russia should start to behave as a friendly nation or expect to lose that lease. Meanwhile, I gather that Ukraine are aiming to change the terms of the lease. Interesting times ........

Crimea is an automations state and is in favour of keeping the Russian base. When I got my Ukrainian Visa I had to get a separate one for the Crimea.

The problem with international law is that it is open to interpretation therefore state pick and choose what an when suits them. Israel attacks Lebanon, that’s OK and the EU then give them most favoured trading status. Israel annexes more West bank territory last week, UK government says nothing.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Crimea is an automations state and is in favour of keeping the Russian base. When I got my Ukrainian Visa I had to get a separate one for the Crimea.

The problem with international law is that it is open to interpretation therefore state pick and choose what an when suits them. Israel attacks Lebanon, that’s OK and the EU then give them most favoured trading status. Israel annexes more West bank territory last week, UK government says nothing.

I think you mean 'autonomous state'. Israel attacks out of provocation from muslim states as self-defence and annexes territory to protect itself from suicide-bombers and hostile gunmen etc.
      I can understand why the West back them and for those same reasons I have a great deal of sympathy for them. They are a truly democratic state at constant peril of attack from muslim extremist states, not least Iran.

Comment

I think you mean 'autonomous state'. Israel attacks out of provocation from muslim states as self-defence and annexes territory to protect itself from suicide-bombers and hostile gunmen etc.
        I can understand why the West back them and for those same reasons I have a great deal of sympathy for them. They are a truly democratic state at constant peril of attack from muslim extremist states, not least Iran.

As much as I despise the Iranian government they have never said anything about attacking Israel. Lie enough times people will believe it's true . It’s yet another version of the west will be obliterated in 45 mins
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

As much as I despise the Iranian government they have never said anything about attacking Israel. Lie enough times people will believe it's true . It’s yet another version of the west will be obliterated in 45 mins

The Iranian president stated that he wanted to see Israel wiped out, denies the Holocaust and he is also allegedly building nuclear weapons. There is an implicit threat that Israel simply cannot afford to ignore and they obviously will not.
          In fact I believe that plans are already afoot to kidnap and bring Ahmadinejad to trial in Israel for crimes against their state. Personally, I hope they succeed !!

Comment

The Iranian president stated that he wanted to see Israel wiped out, denies the Holocaust and he is also allegedly building nuclear weapons. There is an implicit threat that Israel simply cannot afford to ignore and they obviously will not.
            In fact I believe that plans are already afoot to kidnap and bring Ahmadinejad to trial in Israel for crimes against their state. Personally, I hope they succeed !!
            Please link or read the orginal text of his speech. (He did not say that)

Found one...
            http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle12790.htm
            Last edited by Paddy; 13 September 2008, 12:37.

Comment

Please link or read the orginal text of his speech. (He did not say that)

As I do not speak the language reading the actual text is pointless. I can only go by translation, as applies to most of us Westerners. If he did not say that then he should deny it and at least attempt to placate Israel and avoid this potential path to conflict.

His actions in pursuing nuclear weapons and refusing to cooperate with the moderate West, especially the EU is not helping his cause. The answer to this political impass is in his hands and he will have to be prepared to accept responsibility if Israel does act in its own interests of self-preservation.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Oh lookee! The village idiots are having a fight. It's like watching 2 sheep savage each other.
                Copyright Shaunbhoy´s RSM ~1982

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Copyright Shaunbhoy´s RSM ~1982

I have been on this forum since Y2k. I have seen newbie’s come and go. The main reason they go is because the forum is dominated a cliquey group of posters who think the forum is just for them and to the exclusion of others. If anyone does not share there opinion they are ignored or have jest comments made at them. Some have not got the brains to make a constructive comment and can on and are only able to criticise others. Just look at the numbers of members compared with the number of members who post.

Comment

Working...
                  X