• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Georgia's isolation increases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Absolutely, and I believe it was an authority such as the UN that gave the official 63 figure. The real criminal thing is that Russia used a figure of 2,000 to justify its incursion into Georgia after South Ossetia had already been rocketing Georgia for a week or so before Georgia retaliated.

Russia should be forced to provide evidence of those deaths or announce a climbdown and admit its dishonesty.
    Yes lets research and verify these figures next week - altough I must say even if the figure was 63 - thats 63 deaths too many.

You can never trust these politicans you know - I recall an country being invaded for non-existant WMDs - but that was a long time ago I know.

Pip-Pip !

Comment

You've been reading too much propaganda Paddy. Links please !!
      I will lookup the links when I get back in the UK late tonight.

Re Russia cutting off gas to the Ukraine etc. Look up the facts first, the Ukraine did not pay their gas bill for over a year, they used the gas in transit for Western Europe. Do you expect Russian private companies to supply free gas! Would the UK supply free gas to France?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        Yes lets research and verify these figures next week - altough I must say even if the figure was 63 - thats 63 deaths too many.

You can never trust these politicans you know - I recall an country being invaded for non-existant WMDs - but that was a long time ago I know.

Pip-Pip !

.... but 63 does not provide such sensational headlines does it. I never have trusted a New Lie politician. If their lips are moving, they are lieing.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I will lookup the links when I get back in the UK late tonight.

Re Russia cutting off gas to the Ukraine etc. Look up the facts first, the Ukraine did not pay their gas bill for over a year, they used the gas in transit for Western Europe. Do you expect Russian private companies to supply free gas! Would the UK supply free gas to France?

I think you will find that Russia suddenly doubled its prices to screw the Ukraine and the Ukraine refused to pay. Let me know your findings and links re gas and the poisoning of the president.

Comment

Absolutely, and I believe it was an authority such as the UN that gave the official 63 figure. The real criminal thing is that Russia used a figure of 2,000 to justify its incursion into Georgia after South Ossetia had already been rocketing Georgia for a week or so before Georgia retaliated.

Russia should be forced to provide evidence of those deaths or announce a climbdown and admit its dishonesty.
            Two official lists of victims have already been published. One includes 311 names, dates of birth, causes of death, and burial locations, of South Ossetian citizens, so far confirmed killed in the fighting between August 7 and 12. The other official list includes the name of 54 additional civilian casualties of the conflict.

How can you “force” Russia to publicise the list 2,000 dead?
            What are you suggestions on how to “force Russia”.

How about backing some of you rhetoric up with some facts?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Two official lists of victims have already been published. One includes 311 names, dates of birth, causes of death, and burial locations, of South Ossetian citizens, so far confirmed killed in the fighting between August 7 and 12. The other official list includes the name of 54 additional civilian casualties of the conflict.

How can you “force” Russia to publicise the list 2,000 dead?
              What are you suggestions on how to “force Russia”.

How about backing some of you rhetoric up with some facts?

I'll bet you that the 311 includes russian troops, which yet again would be dishonest.

Russia is still occupying Georgia, which says a lot about their intentions, a month after their incursion. They really are the lowest form of intelligence IMO.

Comment

I think you will find that Russia suddenly doubled its prices to screw the Ukraine and the Ukraine refused to pay. Let me know your findings and links re gas and the poisoning of the president.
                Yes Russians did put up the gas prices, not double to start with. The Ukrainian government were under the impression that that could join woo NATA and the UK and expect to pay the same low price for gas as they did in the USSR. I really don’t understand how the same people who go on about market forces being king then are against it when it is applied by Russian companies. Even Palin was going about the USA should not to be held to ransom by high Russian oil prices.

Comment

Yes Russians did put up the gas prices, not double to start with. The Ukrainian government were under the impression that that could join woo NATA and the UK and expect to pay the same low price for gas as they did in the USSR. I really don’t understand how the same people who go on about market forces being king then are against it when it is applied by Russian companies. Even Palin was going about the USA should not to be held to ransom by high Russian oil prices.

Two can play at the ransom game. The Russian fleet uses Ukraine's ports and I believe that Ukraine is about to deny them that use. Fair play as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Two can play at the ransom game. The Russian fleet uses Ukraine's ports and I believe that Ukraine is about to deny them that use. Fair play as far as I am concerned.

Not quite that simple:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea

Comment

Nothing ever is, but if Russia behaves in an unlawful way then I would expect other states to consider whether they then have an obligation to adhere to the law that Moscow so frequently flouts.
                      The lease at Sevastapol expires in 2017...... Russia should start to behave as a friendly nation or expect to lose that lease. Meanwhile, I gather that Ukraine are aiming to change the terms of the lease. Interesting times ........

Comment

Working...
                      X