• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheers Gordon!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Gordon!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7609036.stm

You utter twunt. Making my blood boil. Want to rant but can't be arsed to waste the effort on them.

New plan B - Gordon Broooon punch bags. Stave off the cold and release aggression at NL by twatting a replica of the snot goblin - double winner.
    my ferret is your ferret

Originally posted by ferret View Post

You utter twunt. Making my blood boil. Want to rant but can't be arsed to waste the effort on them.

New plan B - Gordon Broooon punch bags. Stave off the cold and release aggression at NL by twatting a replica of the snot goblin - double winner.
    What's the problem? Cutting energy usage and helping the poorest, surely these are both desirable actions?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      What's the problem? Cutting energy usage and helping the poorest, surely these are both desirable actions?
      WHS.

I have assurances that the costs of freezing fuel bills for the "poor" will not be passed on to hard working middle class Tory voters.
      If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post

What's wrong with the plan. Seems a good idea to me - insulation should be free for all householders in my opinion, because it is universally beneficial.

Also to freeze fuel prices for the poor is a good idea too. We don't want them freezing do we. Cool maybe but not freezing.

Comment

Here's an amusing factoid:

By the 1970s, around 30% of households had central heating, (although even with the systems the average internal temperature was still only about 12 degrees).

http://www.dothegreenthing.com/wiki/...n+room+heating.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Here's an amusing factoid:
            When I was growing up in the 70's my parents had no central heating, no insulation of any kind and single glazed windows.

In cold winters there would be ice on the inside of my bedroom window by morning.

If you were cold, you'd put on more clothes and do something physical.

Bunch of namby pambies. Poor people should expect to be cold. It's punishment for not achieving anything with your sorry lives.

HTH

Comment

Sitting here listening to LBC. Amazing that Gordo can make my blood boil from this far away! The power of New Liebour.....!!

Comment

So its OK for the energy companies to make obscene profits, that's fine then.

I personally do not see this as a great package. Oil prices are coming down so why aren't the major fuel co's dropping their prices as quickly as they put them up?

I have very good loft insulation here and an efficient boiler. No gadgets left on standby etc. Fuel is still ridiculously expensive though.

If you like being bent over because you are being told that it is "good for the environment" then good for you. I would prefer costs came down rather than having sensationalistic headlines of £910M package where only a percentage of this will actually be spent as most poor people do no have the nous to apply for things like this.

Typical NL spin, good to see so many here can see through it
                my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  When I was growing up in the 70's my parents had no central heating, no insulation of any kind and single glazed windows.

In cold winters there would be ice on the inside of my bedroom window by morning.

If you were cold, you'd put on more clothes and do something physical.

Bunch of namby pambies. Poor people should expect to be cold. It's punishment for not achieving anything with your sorry lives.

HTH
                  You're in danger of getting all bitter and twisted when you get older DP

Comment

I'm not surprised old people are struggling to pay their fuel bills. If you go to either of the wife's grandmothers the old dears have the heating blasting out at about 30 degrees. I think the sheltered housing where one of them lives has to be serviced by its own nuclear power plant.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X