• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheers Gordon!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torran View Post
    you had bread, a belt and a bag and your moaning
    And you tell the young people today, and they won't believe you!

Comment

New plan b, cavity wall and loft insulator.... kerrrrrching.

Charge double bubble... its only tax payers money init.

How the feck is giving people a discount going to help when they need to stump up cash they haven't got to get it installed? Even if they did it's hard to see how all the homes that need it will be done in 6 weeks time? If this is such a great idea shouldn't it have started rolling in April? Or will that start next year? If so what about this winter?

I hope we don’t have big chill this winter, even ‘Teflon Tony’ would have struggled to survive if 50,000 pensioners freeze to death.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

One company spokesman interviewed about this on morning TV said that the reduction in oil prices would take a matter of months to filter through the system (by which time the fall would have been forgotten so they needn't bring the prices to the consumer down by the same amount).

What the interviewer failed to point out though is when prices RISE, the cost tothe consumer rises more or less immediately.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
          One company spokesman interviewed about this on morning TV said that the reduction in oil prices would take a matter of months to filter through the system (by which time the fall would have been forgotten so they needn't bring the prices to the consumer down by the same amount).

What the interviewer failed to point out though is when prices RISE, the cost tothe consumer rises more or less immediately.
          No really?

Comment

Is there no way to buy a barrel of oil at market prices (e.g. $100 dollars)? Or do you have to buy the more expensive Gordon Brown vintage?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              New plan b, cavity wall and loft insulator.... kerrrrrching.

Charge double bubble... its only tax payers money init.

How the flip is giving people a discount going to help when they need to stump up cash they haven't got to get it installed?
              Free for those who can't afford it:

The measures, part of a wider political relaunch for the Prime Minister ahead of the party conference season, will see up to 11 million households offered free loft and cavity wall insulation in the next few years and others a grant covering 50 per cent of the cost.

Actually I don't think this is such a major change. A few years ago I had a house in the UK loft insulated and it cost 150 quid all-in as it was subsidised by gov.
              But I'm all for it - proper insulation is a win/win. Well done GB Have a cake.
              Bored.

Comment

Working...
              X