• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone fancy working in academia?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Says the Brummie loser, eh?
    You have neither the attitude nor the ability to succeed in that environment.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You have neither the attitude nor the ability to succeed in that environment.
      You would know, of course, with your noddy degree.
      I still can't believe you posted your modules here with what seemed to be pride.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

You would know, of course, with your noddy degree.
        Actually I have got 3 noddy degrees, one of which is with distinction.

I still can't believe you posted your modules here with what seemed to be pride.
        I have demonstrated publicly that I am not ashamed to post modules that I had (granted some of them were rubbish, but others like maths and economics were pretty solid).

Why did not you post yours? You either have no pride or just scared - not suprising really.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Assuming you are being serious, would you lecture? In what field?
          Oh come on!

It has to be Statistics
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

sasguru, to succeed in Academia you need to have failed first in the real world....oh I see.....go right ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              It has to be Statistics

bulltuliping

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                sasguru, to succeed in Academia you need to have failed first in the real world....oh I see.....go right ahead.

Whatever. Point is I don't have to work for the rest of my life if I chose not to do so. Just trying to find something fulfilling ....
                Maybe I should just become a vintner in France?
                Any other ideas for the good life, anyone?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Actually I have got 3 noddy degrees, one of which is with distinction.

I have demonstrated publicly that I am not ashamed to post modules that I had (granted some of them were rubbish, but others like maths and economics were pretty solid).

Why did not you post yours? You either have no pride or just scared - not suprising really.
                  I have an MBA (piss easy) and a BSc in Computer Systems Engineering.
                  Can't be arsed to look up the modules for the latter - it was 20 years ago.
                  HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Whatever. Point is I don't have to work for the rest of my life if I chose not to do so. Just trying to find something fulfilling ....
                    I struggle to equate lecturing maths with the good life.

Comment

Have some aspirations man! Driving an Aygo and living in a bedsit above a kebab shop in the East End does not mean you have arrived.

Have some children. That will sort you out.

Comment

Working...
                      X