• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi aTW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi aTW

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...enceandHealth/

TOLD YOU SO!!!!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I heard about this on BBC News. I think its complete and utter load of bollox -- my cousin is doctor in this area for 2 decades and she passed homepathy around our family and we use it at the time when there is outbreak of flu or cold. Psycological my arse when all people around are all coughing and we ain't.

I understand and accept that its very easy for frauds to get into homeopathy, however there is real deal and it works just fine. IMO this study was financed by big pharma companies who don't like the idea of cheap and readily available natural medicines that have no side effects.

Anyhow, I could not give a feck about study that tells contrary info to something I know works for me.

Comment

You last point is very logical and I have always conceded you are among the most logical on this board (after me obviously). However, it must be your subconscious mind believing in it that causes it to work, proving that subconsciously, you are as illogical and as barmy as a dayglo carrot in a Guchi dressing gown, not rational to the deepest depths of your psyche like me.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        However, it must be your subconscious mind believing in it that causes it to work
        I think its a load of bollox because in my case I was taking homeopathy from real illnesses, not something like stress or whatever. You know flu virus could not care less if psycologically you think you are okay.

I think study is a load of tosh, I'd say I bet XXX, but this board taught me to be more careful, so I will just voice speculative accusation that big firms paid well to get this study out.

At the end of the day I have not heard that homepathy increased risk of heart failure, or affected soon to be born children -- if no sides effects out there, then what's their fecking problem even if it cures only psycologically?!?!?

btw, Chinese must be laughing their arses off now -- I had serious form of astma, I mean serious -- if I tried to run I could not breath. The options I had was to get onto hard medicine that stops working after a while, or try something else -- chinese needle-thingy cured me, and homepathy helped avoid attacks, I also used one other "pseudo-scientific" approach by Russian Doctor that I met in person -- holding your breath will generate more CO2, but it helped beat astma attacks, sounds crazy, but it worked!

So this, plus needle thingy and homepathy cured me from astma. I was number 2 or 3 in my class in running long distances (well 2-3 miles), I have no astma - even though its not supposed to cureable just like that -- many people live with it until they die, but I got rid of it, and I don't give a fk what some doctors say about non-traditional medicince. But one should certainly be aware of fraudsters -- we visited people we knew were pros.

Comment

Fair enough. But are you getting good value? I would be very happy to provide you with distilled water to drink and stick long needles in you for half the price they probably charged you.
          bloggoth

Comment

Working...
          X