• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat-Fight!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    And why exactly was Mary Tudor given the nickname "Bloody Mary"
    I believe it was her predilection for tomato juice with vodka in it.

(damn you Atw)

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      I believe it was her predilection for tomato juice with vodka in it.
      A bit too late old chap...

Comment

Nice little piece on Stalin not being a good guy (Shock horror, who would have thunk it) but unless I missed it he didn't start a thermonuclear war ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Some of them were pretty noddy, however a lot of them are fundamental - I'd say my knowledge of economics (despite learning it in Soviet country) is by far exceeds yours or even average UK citizen.
          Yes, we can see that by all your expert comments on news articles
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

May need to draw a distinction here between younger women and older women making decisions verses older men, since women get more man-like as they get older and men more women-like. At least testosterone levels go up in women and I think down in men. It also seems to fit empirical evidence

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Nice little piece on Stalin not being a good guy (Shock horror, who would have thunk it) but unless I missed it he didn't start a thermonuclear war ...
              I think he would have nuked Germany if he'd had a big red button - no doubt about it.

Still, I can imagine going for a pint with Stalin, but this Palin bitch

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Some of them were pretty noddy, however a lot of them are fundamental - I'd say my knowledge of economics (despite learning it in Soviet country) is by far exceeds yours or even average UK citizen.

Top troll
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  I don't think people in the UK or in the West actually realise the details of what Stalin did - for example how many people in the UK know that when Luftwaffe was bombing London Stalin was supplying Germans with a lot of war equipment that they badly needed? If you look at the manifest of the stuff that was supplied you'd see materials for explosives, effectively Stalin helped Germany sustain war effort.

He sure did not start thermonuclear was, but that's mainly (in my view) because he simply did not have enough nukes and no means of delivery to USA. Do you really think if it was Stalin vs Kennedy then it would have all resolved peacefully? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    I think he would have nuked Germany if he'd had a big red button - no doubt about it.
                    Anyone would. If Germany achieved nuclear bomb they'd certainly use it. and UK too - so would USSR (even more likely so in my view).

Comment

Anyone would. If Germany achieved nuclear bomb they'd certainly use it. and UK too - so would USSR (even more likely so in my view).
                      Different times - I think Hitler was mad enough to have done it (We'll never know - that Korean dude is pretty mental, he's still not pushed the button). But I'm not sure anyone else, in a mutually assured destruction scenario would have, as much as I'm sure they would have if they knew there was no retaliation.
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X