• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Liverpool/Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baggy!!! SSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They will all want to come!

Tell them about the constant rain and the cobbled motorways. Tell them about the longest running documentary on TV called Coronation Street, tell them anything, but dont tell them its good.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

So where up north,, is a good place to live? commutable distance between Manchester and Liverpool? ... was looking at Haydock? anygood?
      (and whats in a hot pot?)

Comment

well..

Lancashire hotpot is a culinary dish consisting essentially of meat, onion and potatoes left to bake in the oven all day in a heavy pot and on a low heat. Originating in the days of heavy industrialisation in Lancashire in the north west of England, it requires a minimum of effort to prepare. It is sometimes served at parties in England, because it is easy to prepare for a large number of people and is relatively inexpensive..

The basic recipe consists of a mix made up of meat, vegetables (carrot, turnip, potatoes, onion or leek) then covered with sliced potato or pastry. The type of meat to be used in a true Lancashire hotpot is a matter of some controversy, with many being of the opinion that it should be lamb (with optional lamb kidneys) and some thinking it should be beef. As much food can be added as will fit in the pot.

Chef
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by someone has my name View Post
          So where up north,, is a good place to live? commutable distance between Manchester and Liverpool? ... was looking at Haydock? anygood?
          Haydock is nothing much really, head a bit further down the a50 toward Knutsford

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Baggy!!! SSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They will all want to come!

Tell them about the constant rain and the cobbled motorways. Tell them about the longest running documentary on TV called Coronation Street, tell them anything, but dont tell them its good.
          But coronation street is a documentary we all talk like that, ee by gum, t'hoven, happen etc. Just when yorkshire descended over the penninies I'm not sure. Perhaps it's because they don't teach geography at drama school?
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 9 September 2008, 18:56.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

head a bit further down the a50 toward Knutsford
            Pretty posh there.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What's in hotpot

A difficult question to answer because the purpose of it is to make a hot filling meal out of whatever bits you've got lying around. Still, it would be an odd hotpot that didn't have mainly potatoes, carrots and onions. Meat if you've got some - bacon's popular but bits of beef would do to. Never actually heard of one with kidneys or other offal, but it would be in the spirit of hotpot.

They used to have oysters in them, back in the days when they used to wash up on Morecambe beach and were cheaper than meat.

& being a Lancashire lad, I'm ashamed to admit it, but when London restaurants make it it's always much better than the native version!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                Pretty posh there.
                Good enough as a backdrop for Brideshead Revisited
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  its terrible up here in manchester, haven't you heard?

- nothing to see here, no need to come visit and check

in fact just stay in/around london it's far nicer and the people dont talk to you, you'll love it there.. plus,
                  - we have no electricity or anything up here
                  Electricity?! You were lucky... Back home in the north north we had to make do with candle power and then we thought we were lucky.

Aye back in those days things were though but we woz happy. Aye.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by someone has my name View Post
                    Haydock is a former mining community; even mentioning Thatcher there could lead to confrontation. Standish is about 2 junctions further up the M6 and is a much nicer town,
                    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Electricity?! You were lucky... Back home in the north north we had to make do with candle power and then we thought we were lucky.

Aye back in those days things were though but we woz happy. Aye.
                      Candles?? you don't know you were born lad!

We had to make do with knocking a nail against a stone and seein' by t'flashes from sparks like.
                      unfortunately our kev was epileptic but we didna mind, watchin' him shakin beat any tv program
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X