• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    The Scots the Welsh and the Irish all seem to get on well together!

Must be something about the English?
    It great it's like a cosy family, want in?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      It great it's like a cosy family, want in?
      Welsh <----------
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

ah yah nutter yah! And another thing - have you ever been to Lewis? I was like did a small part of Wales escape of something?

Bedtime....
        Last edited by scooterscot; 7 September 2008, 23:31.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          ah yah nutter yah! And another thing - have you ever been to Lewis? I was like did a small part of Wales escape of something?

Bedtime....
          23rd Psalm (Scots version)

Wha' is my shepherd weel I ken
          The Lord himsel' is he:
          He leads me whaur the girse is green
          An' burnies quiet that be.

Aft times I fain astray wad gang
          An wann'r far awa':
          He fin's me oot, he pits me richt
          An' brings me hame an' a'.

Tho I pass through the gruesome cleuch
          Fin' I ken He is near:
          His muckle crook will me defen'
          Sae I ha'e nocht to fear.

Ilk comfort whilk a sheep could need
          His thoghtfu' care provides:
          Tho' wolves an' dogs may prowl aboot
          In safety me He hides.

His guidness an' his mercy baith
          Nae doot will bide wi' He -
          While fallded on the fields o' time
          Or o' eternity.

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            ..err you do know where Anglesey is don't you?
            Yes and I'll be a lot closer than I am now, doesn't mean that they will be on my doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              The Scots the Welsh and the Irish all seem to get on well together!

Must be something about the English?

Well my family comes from a mixed stock of Irish, Prussian, Austrian, Norwegian and the majority of them settled in North Wales so despite being born in England I'm not exactly prime English stock

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                .... and let's face it, no Scots would follow England to a World Cup!!
                Alan Hanson?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                  Not to mention I'll be a lot closer to the family we have in Anglesey.
                  You'd be even closer if moved near to Anglesey (say, North Wales perhaps?)

Comment

Ignoring the little englishmen like cyberbuffon

I'm biased obviously but I love living and working here. What I will say is the contract market is pretty small (duh) and centres around in finance anyway a handful of companies.

Edinburgh has always been good to me with regard to work, but Glasgow also has a few opportunities. Some smaller stuff available in Fife and Stirling with Dundee a growing but still tiny market. Obviously oil in Aberdeen.

The east coast is my preferred side to live on but the west has plenty going for it (but not the weather).

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                      Remember though, the whole world has a chip on their shoulder with regard to the English. It's a shame but definitely a deterrent for me.

and you're a prime example of why.
                      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                      X