• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A question for the Oracle experts in the congregation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for the Oracle experts in the congregation

I have a stored procedure in an oracle database, and I want its output to appear in a table in MySQL, on another machine.

What do I need to do to my stored procedure to do this?

As the plane tit will confirm, I already know the answer, this is just a test to see how expert the experts here are.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    I have a stored procedure in an oracle database, and I want its output to appear in a table in MySQL, on another machine.

As the plane tit will confirm, I already know the answer, this is just a test to see how expert the experts here are.
    No Threaded, it's merely a Sad Old Man seeking attention.

Haven't you got some old "Blue Peter" tapes to watch?

Comment

The answer:

We will supply a suitable resource from our ranks of highly qualified graduates (they can find their own rear ends) , £2500 a day per head plus expenses, should take a team of 20 about 6 weeks (sorry I can't be bothered to write the next 6 pages of quotation) ! - Vetran in Big 5 mode.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think Microsoft SQL Server 2005 has this feature. And any other feature you might dream up or even features no one has yet thought of. It's that good.

HTH

Comment

Assuming it's a recent(ish) version of Oracle, you can, should you so desire, reference one of your MySQL tables (and a whole host of other data sources) as an external table within Oracle - that way, when your proc inserts it's data into this table, it'll end up in your MySQL database...

Either that, or you can have it going directly to an old dot matrix printer, and promote some scabby permie to data entry clerk
          Last edited by EqualOpportunities; 26 August 2005, 09:23.
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Working...
          X