• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legoland...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went to Florida in 2005 (going back next year) was going to go to Bush Gardens but Hurricane Dennis was working his way up the coast and we were advised not to as the rides and maybe the park would be closed.

Would recommend any of the Disney Parks....Maybe Magical Kingdom if you have kids who are young...i like Animal Kingdom just because i like animals really.

As said in other posts some parks have some rides that other parks don't so you have to pick what rides you want to do.

Enjoy
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

If you only do 1 ride in Florida make sure it's The Terminator ride in Universal. (with possibly Tower of Terror as a back up )

off topic....

Though if you want a real scarey ride it has to be X-Scream on top of the Stratosphere, doesn't look much until you are actually on it !

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
        If you only do 1 ride in Florida make sure it's The Terminator ride in Universal. (with possibly Tower of Terror as a back up )

off topic....

Though if you want a real scarey ride it has to be X-Scream on top of the Stratosphere, doesn't look much until you are actually on it !
        The Hulk was cool. As was Sheikra - a 200 ft vertical drop, you can't scream because the air is being forced into your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          The Hulk was cool. As was Sheikra - a 200 ft vertical drop, you can't scream because the air is being forced into your mouth.
          you can tulip yourself though.................. did I say that out loud? oops.#

Wasn't me, it was my mate who was sat next to me.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            you can tulip yourself though.................. did I say that out loud? oops.#

Wasn't me, it was my mate who was sat next to me.
            The 7 or 8 second pause over the drop was enough to cure anyone's constipation.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              Went to Heide Park in Germany while on holiday last month and went on Scream, a 71m vertical drop ride. First time on a vertical drop ride and it was terrifying. Despite the fact that you know exactly whats happening and that it's perfectly safe, the primal caveman still living in your brainstem makes it perfectly clear that it's not right and he's not happy about it!

What was not encouraging was the fact that the ride attendants all had bottles of spray cleaner and went round checking, and where nessesary spraying and wiping, the seats after every drop...

Can recommend Heide park for any rollercoaster fans if you happen to be in that bit of Germany. Collossus, their wooden coaster, was the steepest in the world at one time and is also an excellent ride.

Avoid the food though, possibly the worst theme park catering I've ever experienced. Do *not* have the green ketchup on your fries.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
              X