• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legoland...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    Agree with the Space Centre and Universal Studios (for big kids/white-knuckle rides, not so much for the younger ones). Was disappointed with Disney
    Yeah, if the kids don't want to do Disney then Universal would be better.

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    SeaWorld is definitely worth a visit: and make sure you have a prime spot for the Orca show.
    And an umbrella!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      If I only had 3 days I'd go to Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Centre and Disney (the kids will probably insist on going there anyway).
      I thought that with three days you only get enough time to do "Disney, Disney and Disney".

I can't comment upon the space centre in Florida, but I was very under-whelmed by the one in Houston, and I like that sort of thing.

HTH

tim

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Houston was Mission Control... I suspect the Cape is a good deal more interesting.
        Absolutely. A Saturn V rocket suspended over your head is in no way underwhelming. Plus the shop is excellent, especially with the exchange rate at the moment.

Comment

3 days in florida -day 1 would be Universal Islands of Adventure, day 2 - Universal Studios, day 3 - either MGM or seaworld.

Comment

Legoland is a pile of poo.

Went to Chessington the other day, even that is £32 for an adult. The rides etc aren't that bad but with a 50 minute queue for each ride it kinda kills the moment.

Anyway, if you ever go to one of these places, always use a 2-for-1 ticket that you can get hold of on cereal packs, tesco/sainsbury vouchers etc.

Comment

Florida:
              If your kids (or you) are interested in the history of space exploration then go, but otherwise it is realy only worth a visit if there is a shuttle on the pad.

Busch gardens has a fantastic selection of roller coasters.
              Islands of adventure has some top rides.
              Universal studios was good too.

The biggest problem is that each park has a couple of great rides a few good rides and some fillers. To only do great rides you would have to cover a lot of ground.

We have discussed this before search the threads.

If they are still there then The Blue Man Group show is great (get tickets in the poncho area).

Dine at Moonfish and Bahama Breeze. I liked The House of Blues and I am told Gloria Estafans place is good too.
              Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 1 September 2008, 09:18.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                ...what a rip-off! £35 entry fee for an adult. 35 quid! Jeeeeeeeezus!

And the rides are crap. Compared to Florida anyway.
                I know! And 26 Quid for a kiddie. Plus, they certainly know how to charge for everything else. Hotdog, £3.50, panning for gold, £2.50, "driving licence" (after they've passed their "driving test") £5.

Went over bank holiday weekend with my 6-year-old nephew. He hasn't stopped talking abouot it since, but then my walle has only just stopped hurting.

Plus, hour-plus queues for EVERYTHING - we only went o 5 things the whole day.

Still... a "yearly pass" is cheaper than going twice...

Comment

Originally posted by P1mpAndPr0ud View Post
                  I know! And 26 Quid for a kiddie. Plus, they certainly know how to charge for everything else. Hotdog, £3.50, panning for gold, £2.50, "driving licence" (after they've passed their "driving test") £5.

Went over bank holiday weekend with my 6-year-old nephew. He hasn't stopped talking abouot it since, but then my walle has only just stopped hurting.

Doomed. Even the pimps these days are tight scroungers

Comment

Originally posted by P1mpAndPr0ud View Post

Some kid in one of the queues said he was charged £4.50 for a hotdog! They charge extra if you want onions! Total rip-off, but thousands of people go there again and again.

The Jungle Coaster ride was 2.5 hours at one point! We waited till the end of the day and got on in 45 minutes. And it was rubbish.

And the yearly pass can have restrictions on when you can go, depending on which type you get.

Need I go on?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      Doomed. Even the pimps these days are tight scroungers

...and you wouldn't BELIEVE how much it cost to fill up the Porsche to get there...

Comment

Working...
                      X