• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new job and hate it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    lol i benched for 2 years and did not claim jsa i would not lower myself even if i never worked for 10 years.
    Why were you unable to get a job for 2 years? Was it a conscious decision you made not to apply for jobs?

Comment

Do you get JSA even if you have savings? I thought they wouldn't give you anything, not even the first 6 months, if you have savings...

Comment

knuckle down with the rest of us you lazy piece of tulip

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post
          slack off

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            slack off
            quite

Comment

I thought JSA was Just Sitting on Arse, but then I realise Job seekers allowance yes?

I didn't claim JSA when off for 3 months this year. Didn't see the point and they wanted the in's and out's of a cats backside in information. Next time though, if only for the NI stamps i'll be straight round to sign on.

Comment

Originally posted by ft101 View Post
                I thought JSA was Just Sitting on Arse, but then I realise Job seekers allowance yes?

I didn't claim JSA when off for 3 months this year. Didn't see the point and they wanted the in's and out's of a cats backside in information. Next time though, if only for the NI stamps i'll be straight round to sign on.
                I carry on paying PAYE when on bench - seems to make sense to me....
                Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ft101 View Post

When between assignments I always ensure that I claim for JSA - if you have claimed before the procedure is in fact quick - apart from the 60 quid a week (every little penny helps you know!) it means your NI stamps are paid - and there are furhter benefits in terms of entitlement to free training courses, fares for job interviews being paid - also all the local leisure/sports facilities are free etc .

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                      When between assignments I always ensure that I claim for JSA - if you have claimed before the procedure is in fact quick - apart from the 60 quid a week (every little penny helps you know!) it means your NI stamps are paid - and there are furhter benefits in terms of entitlement to free training courses, fares for job interviews being paid - also all the local leisure/sports facilities are free etc .
                      are you through a Ltd?

if so to claim JSA surely you have to sack yourself, then re-employ yourself when you get a new gig - too much trouble?
                      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                      X