• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon brown death plot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Well, I agree with you partly there: Brown did promise no return to the bad old days of Tory inefficiency and profligacy, and he has only partially delivered.

Better than nothing, though. Better than the Tories, for sure.

Haha... profligacy under the Tories ? When ? The Tories were always careful with housekeeping and Thatcher was a stickler for that.... now we have the biggest deficit for decades. The past quarter was a massive 24 Billion when we should have had funds in the kitty. You're a joker !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      careful with housekeeping
      Except they didn't keep the houses. They sold off as many as they could at discounted prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybermoron View Post
        Haha... profligacy under the Tories ? When ? The Tories were always careful with housekeeping and Thatcher was a stickler for that.... now we have the biggest deficit for decades. The past quarter was a massive 24 Billion when we should have had funds in the kitty. You're a joker !!!
        Gordon Brown inherited a spending deficit. Check your facts.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7586801.stm

Can anyone figure out if these guys did anything? Apparently there was no plot in place...Just a statement on their website. I presume it would be illegal to visit their site. I can only guess this "article" they speak of is a PDF document in their browser cache.

Makes me want to security wipe my cache on a daily basis.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
            C'mon V, take the lot out.

If a terrorist 'atrocity' were committed and the whole of the labour cabinet were killed, who in the world would mourn?
            Lets all hope the cops arn't monitoring this site.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post

http://www.ccleaner.com/

I use it everyday! .

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                When? Actually most of the time. The Tories were never careful with housekeeping. Never.

Thatcher (genuinely, I think) thought she was going to be, for a short while, though actually she wasn't (she was pulling off the illusion by selling off the investments of decades, generations even). Then she U-turned, while pretending not to, and overspent while pretending not to; which is the standard Tory method since WWII.

Comment

When? Actually most of the time. The Tories were never careful with housekeeping. Never.

Thatcher (genuinely, I think) thought she was going to be, for a short while, though actually she wasn't (she was pulling off the illusion by selling off the investments of decades, generations even). Then she U-turned, while pretending not to, and overspent while pretending not to; which is the standard Tory method since WWII.

I'll guarantee you that New Lie have taxed, spent and wasted billions more than the Tories did in 18 years of government. All income tax now of approx 190 Billion a year goes just to finance the welfare state!!

Taxes should never be at the current level after a major boom period, but now we can only expect higher taxes still in order to fill a massive black hole.

The Tories did not take 5 Billion a year from pensions, did not have a multi-billion windfall tax on energy companies, did not sell 3G for tens of Billions, sell our gold for Billions, give Billions back to the EU by destroying Thatcher's hard-fought for rebate, and did not add almost a million employees to the public sector, and did not waste over 20 Billion on an NHS system, 10 Billion on the Olympics etc etc etc. ,,, and still a 24 Billion borrowing deficit this quarter. OH DEAR !!

Comment

I challenge you to give me a list of profligate spending that the Tories carried out. If anything they were always criticised for not spending enough, especially on the NHS.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7586801.stm

Can anyone figure out if these guys did anything? Apparently there was no plot in place...Just a statement on their website. I presume it would be illegal to visit their site. I can only guess this "article" they speak of is a PDF document in their browser cache.

What makes you think that this is "a PDF document in their browser cache"?

The web is built on a client-server architecture. The document was allegedly found on a web server that they controlled, but if that was a web server with uncontrolled access for HTTP GET requests (like almost all web servers, that being the point of the web) then simply having done an HTTP GET for said document means nothing, given that the contents of the document (or more precisely resource, said document being the content provided by the Uniform Resource Locator) cannot be known until said resource is retrieved by the client.

The evidence against these people is not that their client software had a cached copy of something published on a server, but that they published something on a server. You have it down in your own description: "on their website". That means it's there on a server that they control the content of, and if they published it there, that can be seen as evidence against them.

If for some reason you end up visiting said web site and downloading said document, that's not your fault - any prosecution based on merely having a copy of such a document on the client, as opposed to supplying the original document on the server, relies on proving that you actively and systematically sought such documents, presumably for the purpose of furthering the aims of terrorists.

Although if your skin is of a darker shade than that of Action Man or Barbie, you may want to clear your cache anyway, as the Courts seem to have a problem understanding this.
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 29 August 2008, 02:04.

Comment

Working...
                      X