• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farking EON

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I am also with Eon, am equally frugal as yourself in a 4 bed detached and my last quarter gas plus electric bill was 66 quid. I'd better not try saving any more then !!
    Well as a race your lot prefer the cold, your electricity bill in a mythical hot British summer could be a pig with the aircon set at high, admittedly there's beggar all chance of that.

Comment

66 pq? My bill gas and elec. is 94 pm! But then I have children and a wife who's addicted to heat (the thermostat is on 25 year round) and the gas fire. But the house is well insulated at least.

Anybody know how much those micro-windmills generators(sic) cost?
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        66 pq? My bill gas and elec. is 94 pm! But then I have children and a wife who's addicted to heat (the thermostat is on 25 year round) and the gas fire. But the house is well insulated at least.

Anybody know how much those micro-windmills generators(sic) cost?
        Snap! My missus complains of a chill if it's not sub-tropical in our place. Last Saturday (warmest/nicest day of the BH weekend in our part of the world), she put the fire on in the evening because she was "a bit chilly"!

Anyway... I heard that those little windmills cost about £3k to be put in, but apparantley they reduce your bill over time as you end up feeding power back in to the grid. They reckon on average consumption it takes about 10 years to pay for itself. Might be worth a go if you're a heavy user?

Comment

Just tell them to put a jumper on.

Comment

Working...
          X