• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you're thinking of contracting in 2009...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    So who the flip is this guy, and why should I believe an IT analyst making a bold prediction?
    Some bloke who used to program in COBOL and now coins it as a NED, apparently.

You'd think he could afford a decent web designer, wouldn't you?

Comment

A whole 2% drop in budgets???? MY GOD I'LL BE RUINED!!!!!

Just think on a rate of £300 a day you'll have your rate slashed to £294 a day or if you are on a rate of £500 a day you will have to try and survive on £490 a day....

It's the end of the world as we know it.....

Comment

this "credit crunch" and "recession" etc malarky seems to me to be largely a making of the media, thing is, why?

Comment

And yet you have publications like City AM and Computer Weekly etc making statements that say IT contractors will be in a better position thanks to the CC because companies will look to short term (cheap-ish) staff to deliver their projects rather than expensive heavyweight permies.

It's all scaremongering BS. Just keep doin what you're doin.

Comment

I sorted out a new contract today at a higher rate, starting right after I finish this one! 3 more months of this malarky then I'll be on a beach in Oz
            Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Working...
            X