• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you're thinking of contracting in 2009...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I am ignoring it.
    WHere I am is about 10 hours travel from home so I am not bothering. The wife comes over for weeks at a time and we are weekending in Austria, Switzerland and northern Italy instead. What a bugger. Oktoberfest then ski season coming soon too.

[edit] I dont mind the weekly commute. I am from NW UK and have never worked at home since I was sixteen (now 44). It is easier to commute to central europe by air than it is to the sarf by road or train and a lot more pleasant when you get there.
    Sounds good ...I was down there Penzberg little ex-mining village not far from Garmisch, fantastic place. Been up the Zugspitze yet ?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Sounds good ...I was down there Penzberg little ex-mining village not far from Garmisch, fantastic place. Been up the Zugspitze yet ?
      I have done the Zugspitze three times, but not this vist. I contracted in Munich for 5 years. New Years day at Garmisch watching the ski jumping is a good day out.
      I am near Friedrichshafen on Bodensee so doing more in that direction. Across the lake or up into Schwartzwald.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I have done the Zugspitze three times, but not this vist. I contracted in Munich for 5 years. New Years day at Garmisch watching the ski jumping is a good day out.
        I am near Friedrichshafen on Bodensee so doing more in that direction. Across the lake or up into Schwartzwald.
        so near me :-) I'm in Zürich.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm off to Oz, just got to hope the gig holds out until I've got enough cash in the bank...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Currently discussing which of the clients 2010 projects could best use my, ahem, "expertise".

Fingers crossed.
            Nice one - I have craftily schlepped into a project to end December 2009.
            After that I'll have the pension sorted and it's all gravy.
            Bored.

Comment

I dont mind the weekly commute. I am from NW UK and have never worked at home since I was sixteen (now 44). It is easier to commute to central europe by air than it is to the sarf by road or train and a lot more pleasant when you get there.
              That goes for me too, and I'm in bloody Bedfordshire.

Comment

so near me :-) I'm in Zürich.
                Not far away. Plan to visit there one weekend.
                Oerlikon (sp) by any chance?
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

See you there

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  I'm off to Oz, just got to hope the gig holds out until I've got enough cash in the bank...

Comment

IT analyst Richard Holway, explaining his bold predictions
                    So who the feck is this guy, and why should I believe an IT analyst making a bold prediction?
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

So ....who's prepared?
                      Yes thanks. Just signed my 6 month extension on my highest rate ever. I'll be careful to add to my rainy day fund
                      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X