• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another life ruined

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    if Ive told you once Ive told you a dozen times. Four inches of barbed wire up the rectum. its the only way

Very creative, EO.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I spanked my kids quite often up to the age of 6-8. Usually for something to do with attitude - i.e. cheek, or wilful disobedience. Now they're older it's not necessary - they can be reasoned with, and already have the habit of obedience and respect.
      I NEVER spanked my children, and they also can be reasoned with, and also have the habit of obedience and respect. So your kids suffered pain to get to exactly the same stage as my kids, who didn't suffer. I know who I'd rather be brought up by.

To my mind, smacking kids is an easy and lazy option, and shows weakness on the part of the parent. Also, it gives them the message that it's alright for them to smack their kids in the future.

Comment

I sense a 'parenting argument' about to happen.

/gets popcorn
        /sits back
        Last edited by Xenophon; 13 August 2008, 15:53. Reason: Schoolboy error: typo
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          I NEVER spanked my children, and they also can be reasoned with, and also have the habit of obedience and respect. So your kids suffered pain to get to exactly the same stage as my kids, who didn't suffer. I know who I'd rather be brought up by.

To my mind, smacking kids is an easy and lazy option, and shows weakness on the part of the parent. Also, it gives them the message that it's alright for them to smack their kids in the future.
          My mother used to lay into me in a manner that would make Ester Rantzens eyes pop-out. It hasn't made me think it's alright to do the same to my child.
          I don't know where the happy medium lies, but I do know that molly-coddling the little darlings is not doing them, or us, any favours.
          Boom boom boom boom
          A-haw haw haw haw
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwaif View Post
            My mother used to lay into me in a manner that would make Ester Rantzens eyes pop-out. It hasn't made me think it's alright to do the same to my child.
            Actually, you're right. I should qualify my previous statement to say that it only follows on into later generations if the parents and children aren't intelligent enough to realise it's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

If you don't discipline your children (in whatever way), then pure and simple you don't love them.
              Now who's talking testicles? I'm not saying you shouldn't discipline your children - you should - but your statement above is a bit sweeping, and also quite a leap!

I had a friend at school who threw a stone at a car windscreen. Car veered off road, struck a cyclist, who was hospitalised. His dad hit him, the only time he ever did, and quite right too. I was never hit as a child, but can understand (as a parent) why his dad did in this circumstance, and would probably do the same myself.
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                Actually, you're right. I should qualify my previous statement to say that it only follows on into later generations if the parents and children aren't intelligent enough to realise it's wrong.
                Then can we use the Barbed wire up the rectum option? please?
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  You can put whatever you like up your own rectum, just don't expect any sympathy when it turns septic.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    I can feel another hospital trip coming on
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                      I can feel another hospital trip coming on
                      He is still getting treatment for the last lot! Maybe his local hospital should have a Diver ward...

Comment

Working...
                      X