• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anoyne know of a "safe" bond derived ISA fund?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
    Why dont you use a fund supermarket like Fidelity or use a broker like Hargreaves Lansdown rather than the Tesco value solution?
    You can then pick from thousands of bond and gilt funds in an ISA wrapper.
    I know that, FFS asking anything on here is absolutely pointless.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the sort of people that become contractors are ******* idiots and @rseholes.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I'm coming to the conclusion that the sort of people that become contractors are ******* idiots and @rseholes.
      Sorry, I've been so busy checking out RFC 2822 section 3.4.1 that I completely forgot to spend several years training as a financial adviser

Comment

You want a specific recommendation but are too tight to pay for financial advice and too lazy to research?
        How about 'UBS Absolute Return Bond (Net) A Acc'.
        Dont forget to send a postcard from your yacht in a year bought from the proceeds of your 'ISA fund' (sic).

Comment

Put it in a biccy tin under the bed.

Comment

You need to calm down DP

Talk about Pot.......Kettle.etc.
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

How about the M&G one?

http://www.iii.co.uk/factsheets/?type=detail&mex=MGRYA

I bought some for my ISA a while back. Mmmmmmm.

Re: Training as a financial advisor - absolutely essential. Forget about RFC 2822 section 3.4.1, OSI 7 layer stack, etc. - it'll do you no good.

Proper contractors know about money first and foremost, technical stuff is secondary.

Comment

Working...
              X