• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anoyne know of a "safe" bond derived ISA fund?"

Collapse

• bobhope
    replied
    How about the M&G one?

http://www.iii.co.uk/factsheets/?type=detail&mex=MGRYA

I bought some for my ISA a while back. Mmmmmmm.

Re: Training as a financial advisor - absolutely essential. Forget about RFC 2822 section 3.4.1, OSI 7 layer stack, etc. - it'll do you no good.

Proper contractors know about money first and foremost, technical stuff is secondary.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I know that, FFS asking anything on here is absolutely pointless.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the sort of people that become contractors are ******* idiots and @rseholes.
    You need to calm down DP

Talk about Pot.......Kettle.etc.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied

I'm coming to the conclusion that the sort of people that become contractors are ******* idiots and @rseholes.
    Put it in a biccy tin under the bed.

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied

You want a specific recommendation but are too tight to pay for financial advice and too lazy to research?
    How about 'UBS Absolute Return Bond (Net) A Acc'.
    Dont forget to send a postcard from your yacht in a year bought from the proceeds of your 'ISA fund' (sic).

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Sorry, I've been so busy checking out RFC 2822 section 3.4.1 that I completely forgot to spend several years training as a financial adviser

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
    Why dont you use a fund supermarket like Fidelity or use a broker like Hargreaves Lansdown rather than the Tesco value solution?
    You can then pick from thousands of bond and gilt funds in an ISA wrapper.

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    Why dont you use a fund supermarket like Fidelity or use a broker like Hargreaves Lansdown rather than the Tesco value solution?
    You can then pick from thousands of bond and gilt funds in an ISA wrapper.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Thank you.

If anyone sees any other Bond/Gilts ISA's to compare, please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    No moron, I am asking specific question.

Bonds and/or gilts in an ISA wrapper.

If you don't know the answer, shut the **** up.
    I have this in my isa wrapper with selftrade.

http://etf.stock-encyclopedia.com/IGLT-LSE.html

Seems to do the job for me.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

JFGI

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I want free money with no risk

Sadly, the value of investments can go down as well as up...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by KackAttack View Post
    There is no such thing as a 'safe' fund.

Bonds / gilts will move in line with interest rates so unless you know what they will be doing in the future your stuffed.

Also, index linked gilts are a no go as the RPI inflation figure is made up by the Gov who also want to sell the product to you.

Cash wont keep up with inflation & tax in the long run.

Only thing to do is to buy real assets - either Shares or Property once that has finished it's fall.
    When is the fall finished? Is it next Tuesday or Friday week?

I want to invest in bonds and gilts in an ISA wrapper. Please answer the question.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Looking for an ISA fund that invests in "safe" (maybe gilts) bonds that return a good % and allow the full £7200 pa tax free?
    I want free money with no risk

Sadly, the value of investments can go down as well as up...

Leave a comment:

• KackAttack
    replied
    There is no such thing as a 'safe' fund.

Bonds / gilts will move in line with interest rates so unless you know what they will be doing in the future your stuffed.

Also, index linked gilts are a no go as the RPI inflation figure is made up by the Gov who also want to sell the product to you.

Cash wont keep up with inflation & tax in the long run.

Only thing to do is to buy real assets - either Shares or Property once that has finished it's fall.

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    Looking for an ISA fund that invests in "safe" (maybe gilts) bonds that return a good % and allow the full £7200 pa tax free?

Any ideas?

I'll look after it for ya!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X