• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

best console game?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    QuakeWorld and Quake II were the best. Quake III Arena was OK for multiplayer, but single player bot-fest was a letdown over a conventional story mode.
    I simply never managed to kill anything (much) in Q3 - bots waaayyy too fast. Bah! It looked wonderful, but, I agree, story/whatever was pretty linear and dull... but then I never progressed enough to see the later levels.

Comment

Quakeworld was good yes, but Quake2 was complete tulip online I thought, too slow a pace. Loved Action Quake2 though, possibly the best online FPS I've ever played (although stopped playing them years a go).

Comment

Hmmmm, been thinking about picking the Orange Box up actually for the extra HL2 episodes...
        Do it. Doitdoitdoitdoitdoit.

Do it.

Seriously.

Do it.

Do it.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Call of Duty 4 seems to be getting a lot of praise.

Is this a fps type game ala Gears or is it strategy based?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Call of Duty 4 seems to be getting a lot of praise.

Is this a fps type game ala Gears or is it strategy based?
            Its a FPS, Gears is a TPS ...duh!

CoD4 has little strategy unless you play a team based game online, good game.

Orange box gets my vote too, the HL2 engine seems a little dated but its still good fun.

XBOX360 FTW woot woot!
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
              Quakeworld was good yes, but Quake2 was complete tulip online I thought, too slow a pace. Loved Action Quake2 though, possibly the best online FPS I've ever played (although stopped playing them years a go).
              Yeah, mostly played Quake2 on a LAN. With a good number of players it was pretty good - there were some awesome rocket jumps to be had on some of the maps. I loved the absolute carnage of QuakeWorld - none of this having to pepper your prey with shots, just one rocket would be enough to take out a room full
              Last edited by voodooflux; 11 August 2008, 21:25.
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Do it.
                You sure? OK, I will
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Hmmmm, been thinking about picking the Orange Box up actually for the extra HL2 episodes...
                  Rumour has it that Churchill has got an Orange box (with wheels)
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Rumour has it that Churchill has got an Orange box (with wheels)
                    Better than a soapbox!

I can't believe no-one has mentioned "Battlefield 2", it's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                    X