• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: best console game?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "best console game?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Rumour has it that Churchill has got an Orange box (with wheels)
    Better than a soapbox!

I can't believe no-one has mentioned "Battlefield 2", it's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Hmmmm, been thinking about picking the Orange Box up actually for the extra HL2 episodes...
    Rumour has it that Churchill has got an Orange box (with wheels)

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Do it.
    You sure? OK, I will

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    Quakeworld was good yes, but Quake2 was complete tulip online I thought, too slow a pace. Loved Action Quake2 though, possibly the best online FPS I've ever played (although stopped playing them years a go).
    Yeah, mostly played Quake2 on a LAN. With a good number of players it was pretty good - there were some awesome rocket jumps to be had on some of the maps. I loved the absolute carnage of QuakeWorld - none of this having to pepper your prey with shots, just one rocket would be enough to take out a room full
    Last edited by voodooflux; 11 August 2008, 21:25.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Call of Duty 4 seems to be getting a lot of praise.

Is this a fps type game ala Gears or is it strategy based?
    Its a FPS, Gears is a TPS ...duh!

CoD4 has little strategy unless you play a team based game online, good game.

Orange box gets my vote too, the HL2 engine seems a little dated but its still good fun.

XBOX360 FTW woot woot!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Call of Duty 4 seems to be getting a lot of praise.

Is this a fps type game ala Gears or is it strategy based?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Hmmmm, been thinking about picking the Orange Box up actually for the extra HL2 episodes...
    Do it. Doitdoitdoitdoitdoit.

Do it.

Seriously.

Do it.

Do it.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Quakeworld was good yes, but Quake2 was complete tulip online I thought, too slow a pace. Loved Action Quake2 though, possibly the best online FPS I've ever played (although stopped playing them years a go).

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    QuakeWorld and Quake II were the best. Quake III Arena was OK for multiplayer, but single player bot-fest was a letdown over a conventional story mode.
    I simply never managed to kill anything (much) in Q3 - bots waaayyy too fast. Bah! It looked wonderful, but, I agree, story/whatever was pretty linear and dull... but then I never progressed enough to see the later levels.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Where are Quake and Quake II. Quake III was crap.
    QuakeWorld and Quake II were the best. Quake III Arena was OK for multiplayer, but single player bot-fest was a letdown over a conventional story mode.
    Last edited by voodooflux; 11 August 2008, 15:15.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Where are Quake and Quake II. Quake III was crap.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Call of Duty 4.

Then after that, I'd suggest Half-Life 2 : The Orange Box.
    CoD4 needs a fairly powerful spec PC to run it though.

The Orange Box is worth a go if you like First Person Shooters and I like TF2 a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    no it was a serious question, I'm in need of a quality PC game
    Call of Duty 4.

Then after that, I'd suggest Half-Life 2 : The Orange Box.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Toss up between Wii Sports and Super Smash Bros Brawl

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    So what you're saying is Rock band is hypothetically the best party game you've played?
    yes
    although if someone sucks at it, it can be a pain to politely remove them from guitar duties

Leave a comment:

Working...
X