• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did money start losing value to you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Hull recently and got the wildies real bad. I sat on the bog in the pub and as I was squirting a gallon of Sh1te out of my rear end I realised there was no bog roll.
    Money means so little to me that I used five pound notes to clean me bum.
    The only problem now is keeping the flies off of my wallet

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I was in Hull recently and got the wildies real bad. I sat on the bog in the pub and as I was squirting a gallon of tulipe out of my rear end I realised there was no bog roll.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I was in Hull recently and got the wildies real bad. I sat on the bog in the pub and as I was squirting a gallon of tulipe out of my rear end I realised there was no bog roll.

Um, I actually did something like that in Bolivia a while back (not fivers, and forget the wallet bit). Then I worked out that each 1000-peso note would not actually buy a sheet of toilet paper......

Comment

I've found saving is an odd one as well
          if you have £100 in savings and you save £100 you double your saving
          £1000, £100 = 10%
          £10,000, £100, 1%
          £100,000, £100, 0.1%

so the more you have the less impact your regular saving makes...

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
            £1000, £100 = 10%
            £10,000, £100, 1%
            £100,000, £100, 0.1%

Yes, you have something there. If you have £1,000,000 in savings, do yourself a favour and don't bother adding £100 to it.

HTH

Comment

£1000, £100 = 10%
              £10,000, £100, 1%
              £100,000, £100, 0.1%

Sometimes the truth is so blinding that it blinds one. Next qtr, write to the VAT man explaining that your little wodge will have so little impact that he can forget about it.

top tip, don't pick up the soap in the showers

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

£1000, £100 = 10%
                £10,000, £100, 1%
                £100,000, £100, 0.1%

I only got GCSE maths and I can guarantee you it's not odd at all.

What's more interesting though is when you apply interest to your savings, 6% of £100,000 is more of an eye opener than 6% of £100.
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

I'm more careful with money now I actually have some. When you've got nothing you've got nothing to lose.

Is it just me that works out the difference in cost when buying at amazon between getting it new from a trader via the site and buying direct when the post is free when spending over £15?

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                    I only got GCSE maths and I can guarantee you it's not odd at all.

What's more interesting though is when you apply interest to your savings, 6% of £100,000 is more of an eye opener than 6% of £100.

well yes so your interest on what you have eclipses perhaps what you can save regularly

Comment

Working...
                    X