• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That'd go down wel hear, spelung...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    What a tit - wonder what the top 10 are - I bet payed, definate and loose are in their.....(did you see what I did their?)
    they're

Comment

With all the many words that have alternate and often quite distinct meanings (can you think of any good examples) why don't we just have one word for everything and be done with it? I propose a short word for this purpose so that it's easy to say, what about ich (pronounced ihh). The various meanings can also be conveyed by the tone of voice, e.g. a low growling ich means feck off.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Klew.

HTH.
        I'm just reading "The Evolution of Physics" by Einstein. He spells it "clew".
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          With all the many words that have alternate and often quite distinct meanings (can you think of any good examples) why don't we just have one word for everything and be done with it? I propose a short word for this purpose so that it's easy to say, what about ich (pronounced ihh). The various meanings can also be conveyed by the tone of voice, e.g. a low growling ich means flip off.
          Ichiban idea!

Comment

Working...
          X