• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still not time to emigrate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    What are you having a whinge and moan about now snaw?
    Ahh the old 'poofsaywhat' trick.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
      No thats great news DA. As the NZ peso crashes my stash of £ becomes even stronger.

Recssions only effect the peasant classes.

Most western ecnonmies are heading for a recession, just that NZ has accepted it and trying to battle through it as quickly as possible... the UK is discussing a holiday on stamp duty so the housing boom can carry on.....
      smug git
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        smug git
        He's going back to NZ ...

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

4 months and then I'm out of here

I will miss standing on any one of London's bridges and surveying the skyline.

I will miss the 100s of years of history and the thought of all the people before me that have lived their lives in every street that I walk down daily.

I will miss the easy journey to Lords and watching International Cricket in such a prestigious location.

But that is about it.

Comment

I will miss getting hundreds of pounds a day for surfing the web

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              I will miss getting hundreds of pounds a day for surfing the web
              Pounding hundreds of times a day surfing the web.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                4 months and then I'm out of here

I will miss standing on any one of London's bridges and surveying the skyline.

I will miss the 100s of years of history and the thought of all the people before me that have lived their lives in every street that I walk down daily.

I will miss the easy journey to Lords and watching International Cricket in such a prestigious location.

But that is about it.
                Where you off to then?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  With everyone leaving, who is going to create the demand for 1 bed city apartments? They have built millions of them and now everyone is pissing off to a better place.
                  The same type of people who were originally housed in inner-city high rise blocks.

I'm reminded of Judge Dread and the "block wars" depicted therein.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Where you off to then?
                    OK, burst my bubble then

I'm off to New Zealand.

Gang violence.
                    Low wages.
                    High cost of living relative to earnings.
                    Property boom that has put home ownership out of reach for the youngsters.
                    Politicians that look like they are amateurs playing at running a country.

I think that I will feel right at home.

Its no wonder that the locals are leaving in droves (they are all allowed to live and work in Australia and a large number of them are doing that).

Mrs Gonzo is a kiwi who has lived in London for the last ten years but has now decided that it is time to go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      OK, burst my bubble then

I'm off to New Zealand.

Gang violence.
                      Low wages.
                      High cost of living relative to earnings.
                      Property boom that has put home ownership out of reach for the youngsters.
                      Politicians that look like they are amateurs playing at running a country.

I think that I will feel right at home.

Its no wonder that the locals are leaving in droves (they are all allowed to live and work in Australia and a large number of them are doing that).

Mrs Gonzo is a kiwi who has lived in London for the last ten years but has now decided that it is time to go home.
                      gang violence? Its nothing on the UK.
                      Low wages? yes
                      Property Boom? No different ot the UK
                      Politicians? The opposition is 20-30 % ahead in the polls, so likely next PM is this guy

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectid=10522310

pretty long ... but he seems pretty switched on.

Comment

Working...
                      X