• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still not time to emigrate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Cyprus in the next 3 years hopefully, all depends on the housing market. We have (or did have) a lot of collateral in our house. I wanted to sell last last year and move in to rented but couldn't persuade my misses it was a good idea.
    Make sure you remind her of that fact constantly. You'll be gone by the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      England, violent place, emigrate to Scoltand - you know it makes sense
      Ah, the murder capital of Europe. You know it makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        Jealousy is such an ugly trait!
        I dont mind Brits coming to NZ, usually we get the decent ones, the chavs stay home.
        Unfortunately you do mind sometimes. I'm an experienced consultant doing quite well around Europe, seemingly contributing valuable work to the better economies, but I can't go to live in NZ: I'm over 55 (yes it was me in that poll).

Comment

Cyprus in the next 3 years hopefully, all depends on the housing market. We have (or did have) a lot of collateral in our house. I wanted to sell last last year and move in to rented but couldn't persuade my misses it was a good idea.
          I sold my villa in Cyprus. Made a huge profit. The money is now safely in the UK, bringing my pot of ready cash to over half a million. Oh and mortgage paid off on my home as well.

Which was nice.

Comment

Cyprus! It was, until about 4 years ago, a definite possibility. Then they wrecked it. Seen the hills overlooking Paphos recently? Festooned with crappy villas, and mostly Brits in 'em. One had the St. George's flag flying. FFS, etc.

And it's a few minutes' flight time from naughtier middle eastern types! And there's a British army base there, etc. The word "target" springs to mind! Sleep well!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
              Cyprus! It was, until about 4 years ago, a definite possibility. Then they wrecked it. Seen the hills overlooking Paphos recently? Festooned with crappy villas, and mostly Brits in 'em. One had the St. George's flag flying. FFS, etc.

And it's a few minutes' flight time from naughtier middle eastern types! And there's a British army base there, etc. The word "target" springs to mind! Sleep well!
              The flag is the expats club on the Tomb of the Kings Road.

I'm sure the Turks wouldn't harm anyone. Agree about Peyia festooned with villas.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                Fear not, I still have 4 months to go of invoicing before retirement beckons.. thanks UK!!! What a great place
                you'll need every penny you can get

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7542815.stm
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

No thats great news DA. As the NZ peso crashes my stash of £ becomes even stronger.

Recssions only effect the peasant classes.

Most western ecnonmies are heading for a recession, just that NZ has accepted it and trying to battle through it as quickly as possible... the UK is discussing a holiday on stamp duty so the housing boom can carry on.....

Comment

6 months for me

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                    3 more months of invoicing for me then I'm orf

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                      Which country you emigrating to that doesn't have any crime? I'd be interested in finding out ...

Anyway, stop talking and get on with it. You'll be exactly the same wherever you end imo, I met your type in every other country I lived - whingers always find something to moan about.
                      What are you having a whinge and moan about now snaw?
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X